I love Valentine’s Day. Everything is so pink and red and flowery. I love candy and roses and romantic songs.
However, ever since having kids, DH and my views of this love day has changed. Candlelight dinners are replaced by kid-friendly restaurants with paper napkins and crayons. Expensive gifts have stepped aside for homemade cards and pictures. And even though I miss the formal celebrations, I wouldn’t change it for the world.
But that doesn’t mean I’m ready to give up the sweet treats that line the store shelves. And since I feel a little silly buying them for myself, I thought I’d organize another Valentine’s Day Goody Swap. Last year’s event was so much fun!
Here’s how it works:
- If you’d like to participate, just leave a comment below letting me know that you’d like to participate and whether you prefer a U.S. partner or are open to anyone world-wide. Then add your link to the Mr. Linky. You have until January 31st to sign-up.
- If you do sign-up, please make sure that you’re able to commit to participating. It’s kind of a bummer to send out a package and not receive one in return.
- On February 1st, I’ll be announcing your swap partners so make sure I have your email address.
- It is your responsibility to contact your partner and exchange mailing addresses. Please take some time to get to know each other. This is a great opportunity to make a new blogging friend!
- In order to try and get to know each other better, I have posted a questionnaire in hopes we can learn a little more about you. You can post your answers on your blog or in comments.
- Try to send out your packages asap to ensure that your partner gets theirs on/before Valentines Day.
- You should try to spend somewhere between $8 – $10, not including shipping charges.
- Once you’ve received your goodies, don’t forget to post pictures so we can all see what you got!
- Have Fun!
- What is your idea of a romantic Valentine’s Day?
- A nice quiet dinner at any restaurant that doesn’t have a keiki (child) menu.
- In reality, what is your Valentine’s Day really like?
- Usually it’s take-out from Big City Diner. They have the best Guava Baby Back Ribs!
- If you could have a lifetime supply of your favorite sweet indulgence, what would it be?
- Definitely Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Those mini ones are dangerous because it’s so easy to just pop them in your mouth. I think I once ate half a bag in one sitting!
- Is there any sweet treat you absolutely do not like?
- Black liquorice, Red Hots, Conversation Hearts
- If you fell into a pool of chocolate, how would you get out?
- Well, since I can’t swim I would probably be in danger. But it’s a great way to go!
Any questions? Please feel free to contact me. You may also use this banner or the button located in the sidebar.
Owner of An Island Life. A mother to 3 beautiful girls and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.