Despicable Me Giveaway
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #243: Steph!
In a happy suburban neighborhood surrounded by white picket fences with flowering rose bushes, sits a black house with a dead lawn. Unbeknownst to the neighbors, hidden deep beneath this home is a vast secret hideout. Surrounded by an army of tireless, little yellow minions, we discover Gru (Steve Carell), planning the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon (Yes, the moon!) in Universal’s new 3-D CGI feature, Despicable Me.
Gru delights in all things wicked. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he vanquishes all who stand in his way. Until the day he encounters the immense will of three little orphaned girls who look at him and see something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad.
One of the world’s greatest super-villains has just met his greatest challenge: three little girls named Margo, Edith and Agnes.
D3Publisher recently announced that Despicable Me™: The Game™ for Wii™, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, will feature the voice talent of Steve Carell. In the video game that is based on the 3-D CGI feature film from Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment, Carell will reprise his onscreen-voiced role of Gru, one of the world’s greatest super-villains, as he plans the biggest heist in the history of the world. He is going to steal the moon! Despicable Me: The Game for Wii, PlayStation 2 system, and PSP system and Despicable Me: The Game – Minion Mayhem for Nintendo DS™ will be available in North American retail stores on July 6, 2010, to coincide with the nationwide domestic release of the movie on July 9, 2010.
In Despicable Me: The Game, players become the mastermind Gru as he plans and plots to build a rocket ship and steal the moon. Players will command an army of mischievous, little yellow minions to complete puzzles and missions and use an arsenal of despicable weapons and gadgets such as magnet guns, freeze rays and battle-ready vehicles to vanquish all who stand in their way. Players will fly Gru’s aircraft in daring missions against his nemesis, Vector, and play as Gru or Vector in a variety of multiplayer air combat modes! Despicable Me: The Game – Minion Mayhem offers Nintendo DS players an all-new adventure with a unique storyline and exclusive minions to command for hours of entertainment.
Despicable Me: The Game for Wii, PlayStation 2 system and PSP system is under development by Monkey Bar Games, a division of Vicious Cycle Software, and is currently rated “E10+” (Everyone 10 and up – Mild Cartoon Violence) by the ESRB. Despicable Me: The Game – Minion Mayhem for Nintendo DS is under development by Way Forward and is currently rated “E” (Everyone – Comic Mischief) by the ESRB.
- Command an Army of Comical Minions – Players will command their own army of loyal minions to complete puzzles and missions.
- Utilize an Arsenal of Despicable Weapons and Gadgets – Never-before-seen weapons and gadgets such as shrink rays, freeze rays, battle-ready vehicles and more allow players to vanquish all who stand in their way.
- Master Air Combat – Players will fly Gru’s aircraft in daring missions against his rival, Vector.
- Fun Air Combat Multiplayer Modes – Play as Gru or Vector in a variety of multiplayer air combat modes including fortress defending, minion collection and more!
- Explore Your Despicable Side (It’s fun!) – Players will explore their despicable side by causing general mayhem as they track and replay levels to improve their “despicableness” through their Despicable Rating.
- Despicable Me: The Game – Minion Mayhem for Nintendo DS – Featuring favorite characters from the film plus all-new minions, players will experience a unique storyline, utilize the touch screen to command an army of minions and use cool gadgets to solve dozens of brain-bending puzzles and collect trophies to become the “Minion of the Month.”
- Based on Universal Pictures’ new 3-D CGI feature, Despicable Me, in theatres July 9, 2010
D3Publisher has generously donated a Despicable Me Prize Pack for one lucky winner. This includes Despicable Me on DVD, Despicable Me: The Game on Wii and Despicable Me: The Game – Minion Mayhem on Nintendo DS. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Dec 2nd why you’d like to win this prize pack. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Despicable Me.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Universal Studios who provided the information and item for giveaway. I was not compensated in any way. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii. She is also the founder of the group review site - Family Review Network. Follow along on her adventure of a lifetime this Winter as a member of the Vaseline Dry Skin Patrol!