As a flight attendant, going through various airports have become second nature. However, while traveling as a regular passenger I usually have to check in a bag or two. With all the TSA procedures in place, I used to leave my checked bags unlocked so that screeners could take a look inside. This left me with a feeling of uncertainty since that meant anyone could open up my luggage. Well, with Master Lock’s TSA approved locks, I’m now able to travel with confidence that the contents of my luggage are safe and sound.
We received Master Lock’s Luggage Locks (in pink) and they have become the perfect accessory for my checked in bags. Not only are they colored for easy identification but they also allow TSA screeners to inspect and relock baggage.
What I really liked about these locks is that the key hole in located on the front of the lock instead of the bottom. This made opening the lock so much easier. Plus, if you purchase a multiple lock package, the individual keys open all the locks. This means that if you’re traveling with more than one piece of luggage, you won’t need to also carry multiple keys.
Master Lock is a great way to ensure your valuables are safe and sound so you can travel with peace of mind.
For your reference, Master Lock has come up with 5 tips on how you can make sure safety is a #1 priority when traveling.
- Keep that lived in look. In 2010, more than 1.8 million homes were burglarized. Making the home appear active while away can discourage potential break-ins. Set a timer for both inside and outside lights to switch on and off and turn a radio or TV on to create the illusion that someone is home. Hold your mail deliveries at usps.com, and contact your other providers to stop newspaper and package drop-offs while you’re away.
- Toast don’t post. Resist the temptation to update your social network accounts with travel plans to avoid having the news of the unoccupied status of your home fall into the wrong hands. Instead, spend that time in the company of friends and family toasting to health and happiness, and wait to post photos of holiday fun until you return home.
- Check (Twice) Before Travel. Before departing, check the schedules and status of your flight, train or traffic route to stay aware of delays, bad weather and other potential changes. Checking in on the status of your method of travel will guarantee you are prepared for any delays and keep you calm. And don’t forget to double-check your travel documents before leaving the house.
- Activity and Emergency Kits Are Key. Whether traveling by train or car, always carry a first aid kit stocked with bottled water, snacks, medication, bandages, a flashlight and cell phone charger. Should you encounter a problem or a long distance between rest-stops on your route, these items can help keep you nourished and your travel companions busy. Keep children occupied by bringing fun games or movies to lessen driving distractions. If traveling by car, have it inspected by a mechanic or someone you trust before a long journey to make sure all systems are primed and tires are filled.
- Lock It Down & Carry It On. A reported 200 items are stolen each day from JFK Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world. Keep your valuables including cell phones, wallets, watches/jewelry and other important property safe by carrying them with you at all times and locking them up while on-the-go. Storage solutions like the 5900D SafeSpaceTM are perfect for keeping these items secure. In addition, use generic luggage, be mindful of wearing flashy jewelry and dress down to prevent being targeted for theft. Secure checked and carry-on luggage with a TSA-accepted lock, such as the 4688D Combination Lock while traveling to prevent unauthorized access to your possessions.
For more information about these safe travel and security solutions, please visit the Master Lock website at www.masterlock.com or the Master Lock Facebook page at www.facebook.com/masterlock. Visit www.masterlockvault.com to utilize the free, secure online data storage website and smart phone app for easy access on the go – an ideal place to keep important account information, passwords and other private information.
This post was written for Master Lock who provided the complimentary locks in exchange for my honest review.
Owner of An Island Life and Family Review Network. Wife, mother, and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.