Sweet Dreams . . . Not!
Ever since Baby Bug was a baby (hmm, maybe I should start calling her Toddler Bug) she was always a really good sleeper. All I had to do was put her in her crib, walk out of the room, and in about 10 minutes she’d be in la-la land. The best part was that she could sleep 11-12 hours a night!
Well, no more. Recently, she’s been refusing to go to sleep and has been waking up throughout the night. Take last night for example:
- Put her in her crib. She cried and screamed and yelled Mommieeeee over and over. Then she climbed out of her crib(I still don’t know how she does this) and came running out of her room.
- Put her back in her crib and closed the bedroom door. Same thing except now she’s pounding on the bedroom door from the inside.
- Got worried that she might hurt herself while performing her Houdini act so put her in Girlie Girl’s bed instead. Came running out immediately. Put her back in, came back out, put her back in, came back out. Now I’m starting to cry.
- Put her back in bed and shut the bedroom door determined to make her cry herself to sleep. She cried so hard that she ended up gagging and throwing up all over herself. I felt so bad.
- Gave her a bath and put her back to bed. She couldn’t do it twice, could she? Same thing happened again. Gave her another bath. *sigh*
- Put her to bed and laid down next to her. She was asleep in 2 minutes.
I know some of you may think I was a little mean to let her cry it out in the first place but I think she’s old enough now to learn that she can’t always have things her way – even though she did in the end. *wink* So what do I do now? I can’t keep going through this every single night! Any advice?
I bet your kids are good sleepers, huh? C’mon, it’s okay, you can tell me about it. I can take it.
Don’t forget to enter these Island Giveaways! I plan on having 2-3 giveaways a week so you may want to subscribe to the RSS feed and be one of the first to know!
- KLEAN Bath & Body 3 month Scrub Club Membership (value $50)
- Personalized Children’s Book by Custom Made for Kids (value $41)
- Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (value – it’s weight in gold!)
|About the author:
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii.