Aloha Friday – Week 16

January 18, 2008 by
Filed under aloha friday

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing heavy or thought-provoking.

Today’s question is:

Are you watching the new season of American Idol?

For me, it seems to have lost it’s edge. However, since there really isn’t anything else new on television these days, I guess I’ll be tuning in.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants!

Comments

50 Responses to “Aloha Friday – Week 16”

Yep, we’re watching! It’s probably some of the best ‘quality’ time that my hubby and I get in all year since we record it on the DVR so that we can watch together even if he’s home late from work. :)

Deb – Mom of 3 Girls’s last blog post..Aloha Friday #16

Definitely!

Charlotte (Charmed Life)’s last blog post..American Idol

Nope! We don’t watch it.

Renee’s last blog post..It’s Official… I’m sick…looks like flu

sorry, no. I haven’t watched it since Ruben was the winner. I’ve never voted.

(But, I love Dancing with the Stars – but only voted once. )

illahee says:

i have never watched it before, so i am trying it out this season. i hope to be entertained!

illahee’s last blog post..fat, fat, FAT

I was able to watch the recent one but I don’t watch it on a regular basis.

Rach (Heart of Rachel)’s last blog post..Aloha Friday #15

Sher :) says:

I’m ashamed to say so, but yes. :)

Sher :) ’s last blog post..January Giveaway!!!

Grace says:

No, I haven’t even seen any single American Idol episode on TV. Just segments of some of the contestants on the finals at Youtube. (We have no TV, remember?)

Grace’s last blog post..The Cartoon in you

Jacki says:

Oh yes we are, especially the auditions. Some can be annoying, but most are entertaining! It is amazing what people will do to get on TV these days!

Jacki’s last blog post..Aloha Friday — Household Appliances Edition

tonya says:

I am watching – and we have a few faves already but who knows who will surface when the “real show” starts!

I also get our own little version of AI in our living room as the girls make up their own songs and we have to judge them. (At least I get to be Paula – LOL!)

tonya’s last blog post..An Alabama Blizzard!!!

I’d like to watch it, but I just can’t stand how people make fun of all the wannabe singers. I realize that some of them are most likely studio plants, but there are some who honestly think they can sing and then leave with their dreams down around their ankles. It just breaks my heart.

I usually start tuning in when it’s time to vote for the finalists.

Write From Karen’s last blog post..Deadline: January 3rd

Heather says:

I keep forgetting to turn the TV on! Isn’t that crazy? By the time I get the baby to bed, I’m pooped and ready to hit the hay.

Heather’s last blog post..Aloha Friday

tracey says:

No way. I just don’t get those shows! Idol, Dancing with the Stars, and the other reality shows where they’re competing for something? No THANKS.

tracey’s last blog post..And now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for…

melli says:

Ohhhhhh I FORGOT to post an Aloha Friday! Darn! If I THINK of one I will.

I do NOT watch that show! I am however FORCED to LISTEN HEAR it from the next room! My husband is glued to it and I can not even imagine WHAT he finds entertaining about perfectly HORRIBLE singers who sound like truly ILL cows being slaughtered!!! Really… it HURTS me to hear it! No… I am NOT watching! LOL!

melli’s last blog post..Love / Hate Meme… and a story…

Actually…yes. since I’m stuck in bed, due to surgery complications, I’m watching way too much television.

Cathi’s last blog post..Aloha Friday

JHS says:

At the beginning of the show, if I think about it, I watch the truly awful auditions. I watched a couple of nights ago and had many laughs at the expense of the hopefuls, but none as hearty as at the 19 year old boy who had never kissed a girl & was wearing the key necklace. His father had the heart necklace on. There was definitely something wrong with that pair. Why would you deliberately turn your kid into such a geeky misfit? Sad.

JHS’s last blog post..Aloha Friday Holiday Edition

Emily says:

I have watched bits and pieces of the first trials. It’s better then funniest home videos. I will probably skip the middle part then watch the last few episodes. I like to know if there will be any good music coming out that I should keep an eye out for.

Emily’s last blog post..Thurday Thirteen #1 – Snow

Magirk says:

Watching, and Lovin’! :)

Magirk’s last blog post..The Great Blog-A-Thon

NO.. we don’t watch TV shows on TV network. My friend had to tape the Deal or No Deal Episode of the “Hawaiian Guy – Brad Falcon” so I can watch it. Anyway, i know a lot are watching American Idol – have fun!

Liza’s Eyeview’s last blog post..Walking With A Friend

Jessica K says:

We never missed an episode the first two years, but now we’re sporadic. We don’t watch them abuse people in the auditions, but we usually watch the first one that has the actual contestants, and then we watch again as it nears the end. I just can’t stand to watch Ryan Seacrest for that many weeks in a row. His overly dramatic timing gets on my last!

Jessica K’s last blog post..Pitiful Alabama Snow

Cecily says:

Yep, we’re watching. My husband is laughing his butt off and I just want to fast forward past all the embarrassing singers so I don’t feel bad for them. It has lost its edge, but you’re right, what else is on? Blast that writer’s strike!!!

Cecily’s last blog post..Read It Again and Some Old Stuff

witchypoo says:

It’s a guilty pleasure to watch the first part. It kind of makes me cringe with its Schadenfreude. I usually watch something else the first hour, then click over for the last half.

witchypoo’s last blog post..You Have to Hear This!

Christine says:

Yeah we are! What I like about the beginning auditions, isn’t so much the making fun of the very bad singing, but some of the ones who can’t sing, are there just there to have their FUN and their moment of time on TV. But I’ve enjoyed listening to new talent, and Whoo Hoo, Jordan Sparks is from here in Glendale,AZ!!

I watch a little bit… but honestly, I hate the auditions. I don’t like to watch people humiliate themselves. :S

Dee says:

I only like to watch the show, not the auditions. But the rest of the family loves the auditions.

Dee

Dee’s last blog post..Valentine Goodie Exchange

Arizona says:

Arizona’s last blog post..Parle vous Francaise?

Jen says:

Yes, I’m watching it…but I’m kind of disenchanted with it. When they put those poor people on there who clearly have a disability and they make fun of them… Or they let those outrageous people on, who clearly just want their 15 SECONDS of fame… I am hoping that they’ll have a strong final bunch this year, and that it will get better when that happens.

Jen’s last blog post..Who Moved My Cheese???

Here’s something you may find interesting. I have never seen an episode of American Idol. I never watch any of the Survivor Shows either. Or The Apprentice. Am I the only person in America?

Melissa Markham’s last blog post..Visit Laura Williams Musings

Yes, we’re watching. And I must say, there are some things I just never wanted to see in my life (like the guy in the black cape!!)

Karen (Pediascribe)’s last blog post..COMING UP FOR AIR

Kailani says:

True island life! Do you have on your Aloha shirts?

Because my daughter aspires to be the furture American Idol…we watch.

Kailani’s last blog post..Nothing but DRAMA!

Jeannie says:

I’m not watching but plan on it! This is the best part of the WHOLE season! This has just been a BUSY week!

Deborah says:

I never was much interested in American Idol. However, Australian Idol really piqued my interest. It must be the accents! I couldn’t get enough of it. When I knew I wasn’t able to watch it, I would tape it. I emotionally invested myself in the contestants. I went online to australianidol.com and followed along. I even voted. I loved it!

Emma says:

Kind of… I’m in the UK not the US and I watch our versions somewhat religiously. We do get American Idol on cable and pretty late at night… sometimes I catch it and other times my bed is too appealing. I enjoy it though.

Emma’s last blog post..Questions Welcome

Aloha, Kailani! I am a huge AI fan. I usually watch one or two of the first audition shows, then pick it up in Hollywood.

I have been a little put off by learning that they courted people to try out who already had made CDs, then passed them off in the shows as total novices. As a voice teacher, though, I’ll never NOT watch it!

Sarah (Real Life)’s last blog post..Friday’s Frugal Feast: Dried Beans

Liz says:

I like to watch American Idol auditions. It’s a show I sort of tune in to see what’s going on, but it’s not a must.

Liz’s last blog post..Aloha Friday

Mary mert says:

We watched a little bit , but I told John I was trying not to watch because hate it that I make fun fo the weirdos.

Oh darn, I just called them weirdos. The Normally Challenged? That’s better ;)

Mary mert’s last blog post..Welcome, with a PSA and a little TMI for good measure

Vader's Mom says:

Yes. I wish I wasn’t, but I am.

Vader’s Mom’s last blog post..Valentine Swap

Nope…I won’t be tuning in.

Monkey Giggles’s last blog post..Before and After Garden Window!

@nnaliza says:

awww i missed the first episodes! those try-outs are the best part of the show! haha.

Karen MEG says:

I missed the first episode as I was at the gym; sounds like it was a fun one. The auditions are the best part, I agree!

Karen MEG’s last blog post..Aloha Friday – Edition #1

A Cup of Joy says:

[...] play along, answer my question here in the comments, then visit Kailani at An Island Life for more participants. Published [...]

momto3cubs says:

Aloha!

Believe it or not, I’ve never watched the show. I very rarely watch TV. Any free moments I squeak out are spent online.

momto3cubs’s last blog post..Bailey the Unknown Reindeer

Judy says:

Melissa, you are NOT the only person in America! I was beginning to believe that my husband and I were, though. We’ve never seen an episode either. Of course, Kailani, if it hangs on long enough and YOUR child is up there.. I’m sure I’ll make an exception at that time ;-)

Judy’s last blog post..Fridays Feast

Kim says:

Hey Kailani! I’ve tagged you for the seven things meme!

Lauren says:

Aloha Everyone!

I am just a saddened citizen of Honolulu who wants to make a difference. I have started a petition, and am looking for as much help as possible. Please check it out, and if you agree, sign it and send it to as many people as you can ~ even people you don’t know. It won’t hurt. I have contacted all the news stations and hope the pick it up. I am rying to hit as many blogs, message boards as I can. If there is anything else you can do, or an idea you have that may help get the word out, please help!

Many Mahalos!
    Lauren

Here is the link to the petition

Fresh Girl says:

Not on your life! ;) After the better man didn’t win in season two and the season three winner was pimped to high heaven by the judges, despite not being the best, I realized they really weren’t looking for the most talented and haven’t watched since.

Fresh Girl’s last blog post..Friday’s Feast #175

1. [...] TGIF! I’m so glad it is Friday! This week has seemed to just go on and on and on. So since it’s Friday that means another Aloha Friday hosted by Kailani at An Island Life. [...]

2. [...] another edition of Aloha Friday over at An Island Life!  I’m not always near a computer on Fridays, but when I am this is a [...]

3. A Cup of Joy says:

4. [...] If you want to play, post your question along with your answers on your site, then head on over to Aloha Friday and add your link.  Show some linky love on your blogs by using the button above and linking [...]