June 11, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday, columns

What’s your favorite thing about Summer?

Comments

Waking up super early ’cause the birds are singing!

I LOVE almost everything about summer! Although the heat and humidity in July and August in Virginia gets really snarly – ha! LOVE waking up early in the morning and seeing the sun and the flowers and all the bird noises – just feeling so alive!! Happy week-end to all!

Camping with my friends! Campfires, Smores! :D

The smell of the beach!! Always good, but even better in Summer:)

Being outside with the kids and not having to bundle them up so much. It gets so cold here in Minnesota during the winter (and fall and spring). I love being able to go outside without a jacket. I especially love the foods like BBQ and fresh fruit!

Typically I’d say the warm weather, the travel, the family parties, trips to the beach – but this summer is so different from normal ones for me – we won’t be doing family parties, we may not make it to the beach much, the warm weather is kind of killing me at this point of the pregnancy and travel? We just moved 1,000 miles away – that’s travel enough for me. So I’ll say – lemonade, ice cream and grilling (inside) – what better to celebrate a season than food when you are pregnant?

Rita A. says:

Swimming in the pool and the summer fruits.

camping
    eating outside
    warm nights
    vacations
    … just to name a few =)

Amanda says:

BBQ & Tans, LOL!

Michelle says:

Being able to send the kids out to play–all day.

Louise says:

Going swimming, I love to swim..and NO RAIN in washington

Diane says:

not having to get up at 5:30 in the morning! whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Flip Flops! I hate socks and shoes and love the summer because I can live in my flip flops. :)

I don’t have one favorite thing…just like each of the other seasons, I enjoy the unique weather/outdoor activities, food, and holidays!

Swoozie says:

Hands down ~~~~ The warm weather!

The warm weather and sunshine!

Nikolett says:

I just stumbled upon your blog and think this is an amazing thing to do! Awesome question, too! I answered it at my blog (http://better-than-coffee.blogspot.com/) but it’s mostly getting to watch the sunset while it’s still warm out, and the beach!

Megan says:

The weather and getting together with friends and hanging out at the beach, for sure! =)

Jenn at FFP says:

Yard sales, fairs, and festivals are a few of my favorite summer things.

Kathi says:

I LOVE the beach and just laying out in the sun!!!!

Katie says:

Longer nights, warmer evenings, popcicles, pool parties and beach days!

Jen says:

I love the warm weather, watching my kids enjoy being in the water, and all the great cold fruit!

I love sleeping eat, grilling out, swimming, just everything about summer. It’s my favorite season.

Today? It’s strawberries…

Just Mom says:

After months of snow and rain? The sun!

[...] Aloha Friday time and my question for today is “What is your favorite Ice Cream?” Share about the [...]

My favorite thing about summer is the longer days and the time to just relax abit more.

I love it when it’s gone!!! I appreciate it so much more then:))))

Happy Aloha Friday!

I love the sunshine and getting out by the pool…oh and I can’t wait to go to the beach :)

Dee says:

hi Kailani,

So much has been going on in my life that I haven’t been around as much. I’m still wishing you the best, I’m hoping the morning sickness goes away soon! Following you on twitter too!

Love and ALoha,
    Dee

Carol Olsen says:

The sunshine!! I love it when it’s warm!! Summer is so much fun…the beaches, the laying in the sun, the riding my motorcycle!!

Have a GREAT aloha Friday!

quilly says:

Long vacations and no time clock!

Michelle G says:

Sitting outside in the evening, watching my children play:)

Anissa says:

Swimming Pool!!!!!!!!

Baba says:

Being able to see the grandkids more because they are out of school.

Sky says:

I’m going to be a Negitive Nancy…I hate Summer! I don’t like to be hot and sweat…it’s…ewwww! :)

But I do like spending time at the pool. :)

Forgetfulone says:

I just did a Thursday 13 of things I love about summer. #1 on the list is no school!

jaime says:

i almost asked this question today!

warmer weather. ice cream. and watching the little guy play outside

Karen says:

Vacation memories with my hubby and kiddos. (:

All the glorious fresh fruit!

Kelly says:

Breaking out the Snow Cone Maker and making up all kinds of flavorful combinations and laughing.

Mokihana says:

My veggie garden, picnics by the river and all the fresh berries we have here in Oregon. And driving on the beach at Gearhart, Oregon. Yep, in my car!

La Wanda N Carter says:

My favorite thing about summer is vacation.

[...] week we answer and ask a question. The IE Mommy plays along with An Island Life…so answer our question, post your own and swing by An Island Life to answer their [...]

[...] Welcome to this week’s edition of Aloha Friday hosted by An Island Life. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is a day to take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So on Fridays we take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, we ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. Visit the Island Life Blog for more Aloha Friday Questions [...]

[...] Friday! For some summer fun, go to An Island Life and link up! My question for Island Friday: What is your favorite birth story? Share and [...]