August 13, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday, daily life, memes

Please feel free to snag any of these Aloha Friday headers. If you’re the creative type and would like to design your own header and have it listed here, just let me know. I’ll include a link back to your site so that you receive credit for your hard work!

When you go to places like Starbucks or Jamba Juice, do you leave money in the tip jar?

I’ve always seen these tips jars but never thought anything about it. However, last week Girlie Girl and I were at Jamba Juice and she asked what it was for. After explaining the concept to her, she asked if she could leave money in there since the lady was so nice to us. Since then, I’ve been tipping. :-)

Comments

Sometimes I do. We just went to Wisconsin dells last weekend, and every single place had one of those jars {yes even fast food}, so I didn’t tip half of them just because they charge so much more than usual the way it is. But when it comes to sit down restaurants and other places, I usually tip pretty well.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

jaime says:

usually not. but i hate carrying 10 pounds of change around in my purse… so if it’s getting particularly heavy, i throw the coins in the jar
    .-= jaime´s last blog ..Vampire Series Part 3: The Festival =-.

Baba says:

Yes, I do actually! Even though Starbucks costs a pretty penny, I love it and think a tip for the workers just shows I appreciate what they do for me.
    .-= Baba´s last blog ..Welcome to FeedBurner =-.

CarolH says:

Not typically unless the guy/gal has been really great. But I might rethink this. : )
    .-= CarolH´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

Sometimes I do but the person has to be very sweet.
    .-= Cathi´s last blog .. =-.

[...] Aloha Friday was started by Kailani over at An Island Life blog. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. If you want to play, simply answer the question below & go over to An IslandLife here! [...]

Heather says:

Aloha! I try to leave money–but alot of times I am using my debit card…so that’s weird and I just leave. I do feel a bit badly though
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Congratulations to the 1+1+1=1 Blog! =-.

Nope! As a business owner’s wife, I know that the employees are being paid very well to stick coffee and cream in a blender. If one of the employees were to gout of their way for me in some way, I would tip them directly.
    .-= Muthering Heights´s last blog ..The Long And Short Of It =-.

Mary says:

Sometimes, but rarely. I put my change in the Starbucks tip jar every now and then.
    .-= Mary´s last blog ..Aloha Friday #6: Vacations =-.

It depends on the service, if they are nice I leave a tip.
    .-= Kimberly Kaye´s last blog ..Aloha Friday: Curly or Straight? =-.

Always, always, always tip . . . but for me it’s usually Dunkin’ Donuts for coffee! I always leave the change, but usually throw in a one $ bill as well. They always remember me, as I go to the same place, and they know my voice as soon as I get in line for the drive-up and always take good care of me. They deserve it! I appreciate their service.

Megan says:

Nope, I do not {usually}.
    .-= Megan´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

While I understand the theory behind a tip jar, I really don’t like to use them I usually hand my tip to the person who helped me. Some have actually thrown the money into the jar; some understand to keep it especially when I say.”It’s for you”. Stop by! http://psychicmamaindigochild.blogspot.com/2009/08/would-you-rather-have-little-boy-still.html
    .-= CATHY PARKER/Psychic Mama´s last blog ..FRIDAY’S FREEWRITE & FRAGMENT =-.

Sometimes I do.
    .-= Jamericanspice´s last blog ..POND’S Wet Cleansing Towelettes Review =-.

Chris B says:

Good service gets a tip. That’s the whole point in my mind. If your crap and rude I’ll leave a penny as a symbol of my dissatisfaction. If I’m happy and plan on goin back then I’m leaving a good tip.
    .-= Chris B´s last blog ..Fixing Computers..Yeah, My O’Bon =-.

[...] just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at today’s installation of Aloha Friday at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy [...]

I have a niece that works at Starbucks and told me they don’t get paid well at all and are really appreciative of the tips. They share the tips, so I try to leave one even if I’m not particularly pleased with the person waiting on me since the ones in the background get the tips too.

Things have been crazy here, but I hope to get back to playing regularly this next week.
    .-= Tamy ~ 3 Sides of Crazy´s last blog ..Spiced Apple Ginger Pie =-.

No! It’s been interesting reading the comments, though – maybe I’ll change my mind!
    .-= Mozi Esmes Mommy´s last blog ..Fashion Friday =-.

Brandi says:

I don’t normally go to places like that (we live very far away from them!) but sometimes I leave tips and sometimes not…just depends on how much money I have left over.

Why is Mr. Linky closed? I was going to post mine on there, but it’s closed. Kinda bummed!

Happy Friday!
    .-= Brandi´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.