April 26, 2012 by
Filed under aloha friday, daily life, memes

Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your Aloha Friday post link below. Also, please consider linking back to this post so that others can join in, too!

Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

So my question is . . .

Do you prefer to communicate via phone call or text?

Comments

Xmasdolly says:

I do not text at all. Always calls. I like hearing peoples voices. Sometimes when you’re writing people read stuff that’s really not there. Like if you’re kidding or not. You can tell right away by a person’s voice, but not in a text or e-mail.

Nona says:

I don’t text. I have never, once, in my entire life, sent a text.

Now we just got a new cell phone with a new company that doesn’t charge for texting (the old place did) and I know my brother does like to text, so there may be texting in my future.

But for now, I prefer to use my phone to have an actual voice to voice conversation.

I don’t text either. Phone or e-mail depending on the person / situation.

Melissa Rheinlander says:

Depends… On who, what, why. I generally talk on the phone though.

I prefer phone call. I can’t text properly :)

Forgetfulone says:

Usually text. My mom and sister don’t understand that at all!

Catherine L. says:

It depends on the person, and what we are talking about. I do a lot of both.

I’m with Catherine – it depends on the person and what we’re talking about, so I do both. The biggest method I use for my family and friends out West is email. Much easier to type a lengthy message on my laptop keyboard vs. the touch screen. ;)

I’m mostly a texter! Text is great for quick things, but more intense conversations deserve a phone call.

Debbie says:

I’ve become a big texter. It’s a lot easier when you have 2 noisy little kids with you all the time. Certain people I would never text though – like my mom :)

It depends who I’m talking to/texting. Generally I prefer to talk but certain people I’d rather text and if I don’t have time for a full conversation then texting is preferred.

Courtney says:

It depends what the situation. In most cases I prefer to text. I usually only have a quick question to ask and talking on the phone leads to rambling. If I want to catch up with someone I will call.

I am a fan of texting. Calls are for social chats, texting is for those times when you need to share specific information. So much easier to get your message across when you don’t have to compete with people’s work commitments or child care duties.

Phone. Takes me forever to text plus I make so many typos.

Definitely text. I’m always juggling five thousand things at once, so it’s always easier to respond to a text.

I prefer text messaging. ;)

Harriet says:

I hate talking on the phone mostly because I find it hard to hang up and then nothing gets done.

Have a great weekend!

Savannah says:

hmm I do a lot of both! It just depends on the situation.. like when I’m in class haha, text. When I’m bored walking 15 minutes across campus then I’ll call, mostly because I can’t walk and text! :D

Honestly, it depends on what kind of mood I’m in. Sometimes my mind is so far out there (brain fog days) that text messaging is my only option.

Have a wonderful weekend!

angie says:

my kids love cell phones to text I would rather talk over the phone but in a hurry or to remember something I need it is easier to text