March 3, 2011 by
Filed under aloha friday, columns, memes

aloha banner

Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

My question/statement is . . .

I get nervous when . . .

Please link up only if you’re participating in Aloha Friday. All irrelevant links will be deleted.

Comments

XmasDolly says:

Hi! Hope you’re feeling better. I get nervous when I’m in really, really high places, and there’s nothing else around me. Like standing on a mountain or on the really tall amusement park rides.

I get nervous when I go on airplanes. Not sure why, but since the kids were born it makes me worry and turbulence issues has hit hard.

My husband is playing with our daughter and throwing her in the air and I always feel nervous on airplanes.

I hear noises in the night. :O

I get nervous before flying!!

I get nervous when is smell smoke.

Gale says:

I am convinced to try roller skating again for the first time in 20 years.

Owen's Mom says:

…I spot a spider, go to get a tissue and then can’t find it. It will give me the willies all day.

I get nervous when I see who our teachers, firefighters and police are marching with and it makes me sad that they do not even realize who these people are…

Tammy says:

I have to speak in front of large groups of people.

Cuzinlogic says:

I get nervous when my uncle drives. I think he was a Nascar driver in a former life.

Ellie says:

I get nervous when there are no stairs and I HAVE to take the elevator.

I get nervous when I’m alone in a crowd of people I don’t know. It terrifies me!

Sues2u2 says:

I get nervous when my husband (or anyone else other than me) is driving on a road that is basically a straight shot down cliff. *shudder* Yuck!

I get nervous when the phone rings at an odd time (too early…too late)

LOL…..I can think of a gazillion others (like riding the elevator to the top of the Empire State Building).

when I hear funny noises in my house when I am alone. Got your link in my post Thursday Two Questions

Katie says:

I get nervous when everyone is home, but its quiet. too quiet. its just not possible with a 6 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old around!!

Robin says:

Ugh, I get nervous when I have to talk in front of large groups of people.

…we’re running late and the hubby’s driving. He’s a maniac! ;)

Ellen-TCMom says:

I am speaking in front of a large group, always makes me a nervous wreck.

… phone ringing from an unknown number in the middle of the night!

When my husband says he wants to quit his job in the Navy. He’s unhappy and has recently come to this conclusion. It’s tough to find a job now and his skills don’t transfer well to the civilian world. He has a degree in finance, but no experience. There’s no way he’d make as much money, and we’d have to pay for health care for our family of 6. I hate that he’s unhappy, but I am VERY nervous.

Dee says:

When my kids do something for the first time!

….when I have to speak in front of people.

Kristen says:

when I get lost, I have no sense of direction

Maribeth says:

My phone rings late at night…

People come over to my house. It’s always a mess!!!!

bratts29 says:

I don’t have my coffee! LOL

Lynn says:

when I’m almost late to be somewhere. I prefer being early!

Coreen Trost says:

My one of my son’s drives a long distance at night. They all think it’s easier with less traffic. However I worry about them driving in the dark and/or tired. I pretty much pray the whole night when they do!!

Denise says:

I am in front of a lot of people, or feel like the center of attention.

My husband is driving! I’m like a Gramma gasping in the passenger seat, it’s ridiculous!

noelle says:

when my parents dont answer the phone after several phone calls…

When the plane takes off and descends for landing.

I get nervous meeting new people, when I’m in huge crowds, and of ducks. I’m petrified of them, so when I see them, I get nervous (long story – I should post about it, it’s actually quite comical!)

Kari says:

I get nervous when my teenage son is out driving, especially at night.

shelly says:

I get nervous being around large groups of people. I’m quiet and shy and feel more comfortable with just a couple of people.

Deborah says:

I get nervous if people are fighting around me.
    If I have to think about money.

Cindy H. says:

I get nervous when I don’t know where DS is…or when he doesn’t answer his phone.

[...] my Aloha Friday question this week [...]

…when my husband travels

Marie says:

I get nervous when I have to speak in front of groups of people or when I feel like everyone is watching me and waiting for me to do something!

Rach says:

i have to speak in public, guiving speeches is not my thing!

Smellyann says:

… when I am the center of attention, especially among people I don’t know very well.

When I have to drive somewhere new! I have a major fear of getting lost!

I get nervous when my daughter is out driving at night…She is 19 and I usually have to go to bed before she is home…

I get nervous when I have to speak in front of people. I get really sweaty and say Umm a lot. Every after being a PTO Vice President and an FRG leader, the idea of speaking in front of people makes me so nervous!

Katie says:

I have to say, there are many times I get nervous. lately, its when my kids (I have 2 boys; 6 & almost 3) are quiet. too quiet. there are ALWAYS up to something!!

1. [...] my Aloha Friday question this week [...]