November 19, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday, columns, memes

What are you thankful for?

Well, besides some of the obvious blessings like my family, our health, and a job I love (which I’m returning back to in January) I’m also thankful for our baby swing. I’m not kidding! Sometimes it’s the only way I can get Kaila to sleep!

Comments

Angela says:

I am thankful for family, friends, the fact that my husband is employed, good health (mostly haha), and food on our table!
    .-= Angela´s last blog ..Cookies anyone? =-.

Olga says:

I am thankful for my health! all the love from my family!also all the little things!
    .-= Olga´s last blog ..MuSic MonDay!!! =-.

I am thankful for my husband, boys, family, friends and all of the laughs/fun that we have together.

TechyDad says:

Yes, this technically falls under “family”, but I’m thankful that my mother is alright. She fell out of her attic a couple days ago, hit the step on her head and skidded across the concrete. She has a couple of broken fingers, a torn up ear and scratched up face. All things considered, she’s very lucky. It could have wound up a *LOT* worse. So I’m thankful that she was as lucky as she was when she fell.

Heatherlyn says:

Good health, good food, wonderful kids, a wonderful husband, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    .-= Heatherlyn´s last blog ..Our First Wishbone =-.

My precious family!
    .-= Muthering Heights´s last blog ..Was That Seriously Ten Years Ago? =-.

Jennifer says:

I am thankful for my husband and three sons.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge 2010 =-.

My healthy family and a new baby boy on the way!

I have many blessing that I’m thankful for. My most cherished blessings are my Father in Heaven, my husband, my children and my grandchildren.
    .-= Cathi´s last blog ..Aloha Friday – Thanksgiving Day Sweets =-.

Sandy says:

I am thankful to live in the United States of America. That makes it possible to be thankful for everything else.
    .-= Sandy´s last blog ..Just for that special little girl. PERFECT =-.

Mama Dweeb says:

I am thankful for my mother in law taking my family out to eat once a week! I treasure those times with her. Not only does it get me out of the house but I get some yummy food and talking to her is always healing for me! I love my mother in law!! YAY! (I married my husband partly to be part of his family, no kidding!)
    .-= Mama Dweeb´s last blog ..Aloha Friday! Toys =-.

I’m thankful that my husband care enough about our marriage to fight for us.
    .-= JamericanSpice´s last blog ..Aloha Friday: Will your guest room be full? =-.

My boyfriend and kids. They are my life, what keeps me going everyday.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

Smellyann says:

So many things. My little family, that we have a roof over our heads and food to eat, working vehicles, my husband has a decent job with good health insurance, I have time to do my hobbies, losing nearly 150 lbs this year… so much!
    .-= Smellyann´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

Lots of things, but today I am thankful for my husband doing the dishes! I so did not want to do them. I think he noticed after the three day pile up and I still hadn’t touched them. The BEST part was – he didn’t even talk smack about it – he just did it. That NEVER happens! :)
    .-= Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma´s last blog ..Aloha Friday – Giveaway Winners =-.

I have taught a Bible study to MOMS for the last 20 years. I have done 2 Bible study semesters a year, bringing the count to 40 studies. I have been writing my own material and began publishing them a few years ago. Today was my 20th anniversary. I am actually teaching daughters of women I have already taught! I am so thankful to be able to see young moms excited to study God’s Word and train up their children in the way they should go!!
    .-= Jean Stockdale´s last blog ..Joy in the Journey Lecture 10 =-.

I’m thankful for my health. Sounds silly but without that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy all the great people in my life.
    .-= Pamela M. Kramer @A Renaissance Woman´s last blog ..Freebie Friday – Week 34 =-.

My husband!!! really he’s the greatest blessing and he makes me a much much better person and he makes me feel special too.. which is always a plus:) i so love him!
    Oh and also for both of us being healthy(for the most part:)
    Aloha!
    .-= Niky @ Design It Chic´s last blog ..Aloha Friday!!! =-.

Clara says:

I’m doing a series on being thankful this month. I’m most thankful for Jesus. A very close second would be my family. Beyond that everything is gravy! Which I’m very thankful for.
    .-= Clara´s last blog ..Today I Am Thankful For… =-.

I am thankful for my family – my husband and 3 healthy, energetic boys. I am thankful to live in a free country and enjoy all of the blessings we have in our lives. I’m thankful for blogging as well :)
    .-= Shannon (The Mommy-Files)´s last blog ..Thanksgiving at Old Navy =-.

Thankful for good health and a great family to share my life with
    .-= Tricia @nightowlmama´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

Bridgette says:

I am thankful for so many things….family, friends, my health, a guy that makes me smile everyday. I could go on and on!
    .-= Bridgette´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

Thom says:

My family and friends. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
    .-= Thom´s last blog ..Friday’s Fave Five – #63 =-.

I am thankful for mostly my wife and son. They are who make my world and make it so easy to be happy.
    .-= Brandon @ Deal Daddy´s last blog ..Aloha Friday =-.

sheila says:

Ah, the baby swing, lol. I remember those days and thinking the sammmmmme thing! lol!
    I’m thankful for many little things. To pick one? Hmmmm.I’d have to go with, my sister, BIL and niece visiting early for the holiday. :)
    .-= sheila´s last blog ..Aloha Friday! Teaming with Excitement! =-.

noelle d says:

I am thankful for my family.
    I am also thankful for skype, for without that…
    I would not get to see my husband while he is deployed…
    .-= noelle d´s last blog ..Aloha Friday #10 =-.

For my family.
    .-= AuntieE’s kitchen´s last blog ..Aloha Friday -The Dream =-.

My health & family.
    .-= Melanie @ Whimsical Creations´s last blog ..Seriously…?!?! =-.

That New Moon comes out today.

Oh, and my family is nice, too. ;-P
    .-= Jenni Jiggety´s last blog ..Dear Diary (Writer’s Workshop) =-.

Laura says:

My family and the fact that we are all healthy. Also, the fact that my husband and I are both employed and we have a roof over our heads
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Working Mom of the Week – Renee Shupe =-.

I am truly thankful that I have a happy and healthy three-and-a-half year old. He is the absolute biggest blessing in my life!

I’m thankful that both my kids are healthy and happy. My daughter turns four next week and my son is adjusting marvelously to his new school!
    .-= Andrea McMann´s last blog ..What I’ve Been Up To =-.

my family!
    .-= Kristen Andrews´s last blog ..One of my favorites…. =-.

I am thankful for my husband and daughters. I’m such a lucky gal!

I am thankful for happiness.
    .-= Jennifer @ J. Leigh Designz´s last blog ..Aloha Friday – Hiding Presents! =-.

Stefany says:

I am thankful for the blessings of my children and family.
    .-= Stefany´s last blog ..My teenager doesn’t want to be home anymore =-.

I’m so thankful that I am able to say I am a 4 Yr. survivor! ~ I’m thankful for every day and moment with my hubby and kids and waking up each day with this beautiful gift of life we have all received. Happy week-end and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    .-= Ollie McKay’s´s last blog ..Aloha Friday!! =-.

Sue says:

I’m thankful for my family. My husband, kids, and my Mother & Sister.

Teri says:

Having a wonderful husband and great kids. We are all healthy and happy and I couldn’t ask for more!
    .-= Teri´s last blog ..tagging along… =-.

shelly says:

I am thankful for my wonderful husband and son! I am thankful for each day that God grants me.
    .-= shelly´s last blog ..Aloha Friday: Black Friday =-.

pam says:

The little things that aren’t so little. I am thankful for healthy children and our home.

Spice says:

I am thankful for my family and their health, friends (old and new), my new workout partners and workout routine that I’ve kept up with now for 3 weeks and my new positive outlook on everything.
    .-= Spice´s last blog ..Working out habit! =-.

mistie says:

My hubby ,the fact he has a job , and that our house and car are paid for and for my two beautiful kids and the new blessing we are expecting in Feb.
    .-= mistie´s last blog ..Show us Your Life-Pets =-.

I am thankful for my family. I don’t know where I would be without them. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful little girl. My parents, sisters and brother-in-law are extremely helpful and always there when I need someone to pick up my slack when I have class or have to work late.
    .-= Casy Schweickart´s last blog ..Flashback Friday =-.

Stacie says:

I am thankful for my family! Especially my three kiddos who always know how to put a smile on my face!
    .-= Stacie´s last blog ..Autism Mom Thursday =-.

I’m thankful for my healthy, one month old baby girl and my crazy toddler boy. :)
    .-= Amy @ Coffee with the Mrs.´s last blog ..Aloha Friday ~ 11/20 =-.

Erica says:

Really I have so much but I will stick to the basics family,friends, our health.
    .-= Erica´s last blog ..Aloha Friday 11/20 =-.

I am thankful for my family.
    .-= danielle @ humes party of three´s last blog ..Aloha Friday — First Timer =-.

I am thankful for family and friends!

1. [...] week we answer and ask a question. The IE Mommy plays along with An Island Life…so answer our question, post your own and swing by An Island Life to answer their question too! Lots [...]

2. [...] Aloha Friday was started by Kailani over at An Island Life blog. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. If you want to play, simply answer the question below & go over to An IslandLife here! [...]

3. [...] week we answer and ask a question. The IE Mommy plays along with An Island Life…so answer our question, post your own and swing by An Island Life to answer their question too! Lots [...]