What Moms Are Thinking Now ($25 WalMart GC Giveaway)
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #292: Cori Westphal!
What do Moms really think about Valentine’s Day?
A Motherboard poll of moms shows that most, 66%, view Valentine’s Day as a fun excuse to eat chocolate, but don’t get upset if their partner comes home empty-handed. Other moms, 17%, absolutely love the holiday and still others, 17%, think it’s way too commercial.
Topping mothers’ Valentine’s Day list is jewelry, trips, time alone with their husband, spa/beauty packages and gift cards – and of course, flowers and candy!
Valentine’s Day is primarily romantic for 40%, but it’s also a fun family day, since 28% of moms think the holiday means doing something special for the kids. The Motherboard moms share some of their easy and inexpensive tips on making Valentine’s Day “sweet” this year:
- Bake Valentine-themed cookies or cupcakes together
- Decorate adorable and heartfelt cards for loved ones with the kids
- Prepare a dinner featuring each family member’s most “loved” dish
Chocolate is a welcome Valentine’s Day indulgence and moms have lots of strategies for finding the “good” pieces in the box:
- 24% take a small bite, but put it back if they don’t like it
- 21% break the candies in half
- 20% like not knowing
- 9% poke a hole in the bottom of the chocolate and the rest have other techniques like reading the liner or guessing based on shape
To help celebrate Valentine’s Day, Walmart has designated a special section for “treats” of all kinds – from candy and jewelry to digital cameras and unique personalized gifts, there is truly something for everyone with prices that won’t break the bank. Check out the choices here for moms to start shopping, and saving!
Information courtesy of The Motherboard where moms help other moms make their lives a little easier.
To help celebrate Valentine’s Day, The Motherboard has generously donated a $25 WalMart gift card for one lucky person! To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Feb 14th what you think about Valentine’s Day. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already “liked” An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a “fan” of An Island Life’s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for The Motherboard and WalMart who provided the item for giveaway. I was not compensated in any. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.