This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #92: Sarah C!
My oldest daughter loves meat – steak, pork, hamburgers, and yes meatballs. I just wish that she felt that passionate about eating vegetables as well. So when I heard that Veggie Patch made meatless meatballs I thought I’d give it a try.
We recognize that fresh vegetables provide optimum nutrition, but they’re not always readily available and kids won’t always eat them. Veggie Patch products offer a delicious alternative to plain vegetables in a form that kids and families alike can enjoy, making it quick and easy to serve meals and snacks that everyone will love.
We received two boxes of Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs which contained 18 meatballs each. Each frozen meatball measured approximately 1 inch wide which I felt was the perfect size for my kids.
There are 4 different ways to cook the meatballs – stove top (recommended), microwave, oven/toaster oven, and frying pan. We chose the microwave option which suggested that we cook 6 meatballs for 35-45 seconds. I ended up cooking a little more than 6 meatballs so I just allowed for more cooking time. It turned out perfect!
Then I added it to our already prepared spaghetti meat sauce and served it to the kids.
It was a big hit! Kacie had 5 meatballs and asked me to make her more. She kept saying, “OMG! This is soooo good! It’s the best meatball ever!” Yes, she’s a little over-dramatic at times. Even Kiana and Kaila, who are more starch than meat fans, finished their meatballs before the spaghetti noodles. The funny thing is that no one knew these were veggie meatballs and I’m still not sure I’m going to tell them. Why ruin a good thing, right? And with zero trans fat and no artificial flavors or preservatives I feel great serving them to my family.
And did you know that not only were meatballs one of the biggest food trends in 2011 but March 9th is also National Meatball Day? With only 16 grams of protein per 140-calorie serving, these delicious Meatless Meatballs are perfect for every member of the family.
- For the Little Ones – Serve Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs with whole wheat pasta or skewered on chopsticks with a tasty dipping sauce.
- For the College Student – Try a healthier version of a meatball sub, by using Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs on a whole wheat roll with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and serve warm.
- For the Parents – Whip up a health, satisfying soup with Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs, celery, carrots and onions in a vegetable broth. This quick meal is the perfect weeknight fix!
So stop by the freezer section of your local grocery store and check out the Veggie Patch Meatless Meatballs. You family will never know the difference!
For more information on this and other Veggie Patch products, stop by their website or “like” them on Facebook.
Veggie Patch has generously donated (2) FREE Veggie Patch product coupons for (2) winners! To enter:
- Just stop by Veggie Patch before midnight, March 4th and check out their products.
- Then come back and mention which one is your favorite. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 48 hours to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily). Enter to #win (2) Veggie Patch FREE product coupons @Kailani http://tinyurl.com/89mdmsm
- Like An Island Life on Facebook.
- Like An Island Life’s Facebook Fan Page
- Like Veggie Patch on Facebook.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Follow me at Pinterest.
- Follow me at Google+
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Veggie Patch who provided the item for review & giveaway.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. One entry per household. US only. 18+over.
The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Winner will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond. All prizes that are not claimed will be re-awarded.
We are not responsible for any negative outcome from using or winning this prize.
We are not responsible for any company who does not fulfill their end of the giveaway agreement. However, we will make every attempt to rectify the situation.
Owner of An Island Life and Family Review Network. Wife, mother, and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.