Totino’s Learn a Ton when School is Fun Sweepstakes (Giveaway)
We’re big time supporter of Box Tops for Education. In fact, we have a container sitting on our kitchen counter that collects all the box tops that we collect. We think it’s a great way to support our kids’s school . . . and it’s so easy to do!
One of the companies that support Box Tops for Education is Totino’s and this school year they’re giving away one million Bonus Box Tops (equivalent to $100,000) to help bring fun ideas to life both inside and outside of the classroom, through the “Learn a Ton when School is Fun” sweepstakes. Totino’s believes that kids tend to learn more if they’re having fun and I agree 100%! During the sweepstakes, four lucky participating schools will win $25,ooo each from Totino’s to help fund a fun project at their school. It could be used for an educational activity, a school-wide field trip, or a school event.
In addition, Totino’s is offering double box tops on their party pizza and pizza roll snacks boxes to help your school reach their goals even faster.
Because understanding that fun is essential to the learning process, Totino’s has chosen Gerald Richards, CEO of the non-profit organization 826 National which focuses on collaboration and creativity in the learning process, as their spokesperson. Gerald is a respected advocate for youth and education and he also shares a common goal of helping to make America’s schools and the learning process more fun and enriching, with the Totino’s brand.
Here are some tips Gerald provides for parents and teachers, in partnership with Totino’s to support this unified goal and ensure that students are having fun, both inside and outside of the classroom:
- Creativity is a classroom staple. Encourage creativity in every area, including writing, drawing and in subjects like science. Kids need to know that there’s not always a right answer; sometimes, education is subjective and experimental.
- Learning can take place outside school walls, too – field trips are a great way to make learning fun. Venturing beyond school boundaries for a hands-on approach excites students and can help spark, or reinvigorate, a passion for learning. Teachers can even consider taking “mini” field trips to the school library or auditorium for a change of scenery and a new lesson.
- Time outdoors, be it for recess or after school activities, allows kids to explore the world beyond the classroom and is often the place where lifelong lessons are learned. Taking a break outdoors during the school day – even if it’s just having lunch outside – allows youth to recharge and has been shown to help enhance concentration and learning in the classroom.
- Through programs like Box Tops for Education (BTFE) and the Totino’s “Learn a Ton When School is Fun” sweepstakes – which will award four schools across the country with 250,000 Bonus Box Tops, the equivalent of $25,000 – parents and teachers can help bring fun projects to life that otherwise might not be possible due to resource and funding limitations.
My family is happy to participate in this fun event since the kids love Totino’s party pizza and pizza roll snacks. They’re so easy to make and perfect for kid-sized appetites. In fact, we often pack pizza roll snacks in their backpacks for the after school munchies.
So enter your school in the Totino’s “Learn a Ton when School is Fun” sweepstakes and your school could be having a whole lot more fun this year!
Totino’s has generously donated an awesome prize pack for one lucky winner which includes a Brain Quest Smart! Game, Micro Rubik´s® Cube Key Holder, draw string backpack, and coupons for a free package of Totino´s Pizza Rolls Snacks, Totino´s Party Pizza and new Totino’s Pizza Stuffers. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Sept 6th how you make school fun. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already “liked” An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a “fan” of An Island Life’s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for MyBlogSpark and Totino’s who provided the information and item for review & giveaway. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.