ABOUT THE BOOK
While her friends and family may not believe in fairies, Geraldine knows, deep down, that she is a VERY fairy princess.
This is the sixth adventure in the adorable, sparkly, sweet Very Fairy Princess series from celebrated children’s book author Julie Andrews (best known for The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins and The Princess Diaries) and her daughter Emma Walton Hamilton.
In this new tale, the end of the school year is here, and Very Fairy Princess Gerry is getting ready to graduate! She always loves a celebration, but can’t help but feel a little sad as she empties her cubby, takes down her art projects, and says goodbye to her class pet, Houdini the hamster. She’s also a little nervous about leaving Miss Pym… what if her new teacher doesn’t let Gerry wear her wings and crown? Change can be hard, even for a fairy princess!
Thankfully, she realizes that new things can bring their own sparkle. A perfectly delightful addition to your child’s bookshelf.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Julie Andrews is one of the most recognized figures in the world of entertainment, best known for her performances in The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, and The Princess Diaries. Julie has been a celebrated children’s book author for over thirty years, and her works include Mandy, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, and the Little Bo series. Her memoir, Home, was #1 on the New York Times bestseller list.
Emma Walton Hamilton is a bestselling children’s book author, editor, arts educator, and theater professional, and author of Raising Bookworms: Getting Kids Reading for Pleasure and Empowerment. Together with her mother, Julie Andrews, she has coauthored many books for young readers, including the New York Times bestselling Very Fairy Princess series, the Dumpy the Dump Truck series, Simeon’s Gift, The Great American Mousical, and the New York Times bestselling Julie Andrews’ Collection of Poems, Songs, and Lullabies, a book for families to treasure and share.
Connect with The Very Fairy Princess: Graduation Girl!
- Visit The Very Fairy Princess website
- Visit the authors’ sites: Julie Andrews & Emma Walton Hamilton
- Follow Little, Brown Kids on Twitter and Facebook
How would you like to win the entire 6-book series of The Very Fairy Princess for your child’s library?
- Just mention in comments before midnight, June 12th who you’d like to win this for. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 48 hours to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Follow The Very Fairy Princess on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily). Enter to win a 6-book set of the #VeryFairyPrincess! @kailani @lbkids #giveaway http://islandlife808.com/?p=38136
- Already a fan of the The Very Fairy Princess Facebook page.
- Already a fan of An Island Life on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
Open to US residents only.
This post was written for Little, Brown who provided the complimentary prize pack.
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.