This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentors #5: Carol, #46: Pamela, #91: Barabra Wright, #108: Naddez, & #110: Joanne Schultz!
I’ve always loved prunes, even as a child. I especially liked those stewed prunes that they serve in school lunches. Yum! I’m not sure why I don’t really buy them as an adult so I was happy to review Sunsweet Prunes and introduce prunes to my girls.
It’s with pride and a commitment to quality that Sunsweet Growers has brought you succulent California prunes for more than 80 years. Naturally sweet and tender, our select prunes are packed with nutrition and flavor, and a perfect food for your active, healthy lifestyle.
Thanks to Family Review Network, we had the opportunity to review Sunsweet’s brand new “Ones”, individually wrapped prunes. We found it to be a great on-the-go snack! I just threw some in the diaper bag and I was all set for anytime I needed a snack for myself or the girls. At first, I wasn’t sure how my daughters would feel about prunes but once they tried it, they kept asking for more. Sunsweet prunes are soft, sweet, and easy to eat.
The great thing about being individually wrapped is that you know they’ll stay fresh. And did you know that prunes are also full of energy, antioxidants, potassium, and fiber? Prunes are definitely a Super Fruit!
So what makes a prune Super?
- Antioxidant rich. Prunes have a high antioxidant (ORAC) score. Antioxidants help to slow the oxidative damage to our bodies, and many researchers believe that antioxidants slow the aging process.
- Potassium punch. Move over bananas! Ounce for ounce, prunes have more potassium than bananas. Studies have shown potassium helps prevent hypertension and stroke.
- Bone health. A handful of nutrient-rich prunes a day may help bone metabolism and the reversal of bone loss for people with osteoporosis. They may also lead to improved bone formation.
- Low Glycemic Index (GI). Prunes are a low GI food, and therefore help to contribute to a low Glycemic Load diet and can aid in preventing and managing conditions including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and obesity.
- Heart health. Prunes can help play a role in preventing heart disease and chronic diseases because theyâ€™re rich in antioxidants, which slow the chemical process of oxidation and protect key cell components from damage.
- Prebiotic power. Prunes naturally contain prebiotics, which stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria in the large intestine. This helps dietary fiber perform well and promotes immune system and digestive health.
- Weight loss. Prunes are a good source of fiber, and this can help keep hunger pangs at bay. As a food component, fiber isnâ€™t absorbed, so it doesnâ€™t contribute calories thatâ€™s why high-fiber foods are included in weight loss diets. Plus, four prunes have just 100 calories!
Even Cheryl Forberg, registered dietitian and nutritionist for â€œThe Biggest Loserâ€ agrees.
So the next time you’re hungry, grab a few deliciously healthy Sunsweet Ones. You’ll be glad you did!
Purchase your 7 oz. container for only $2.35.
Sunsweet has generously donate a Sunsweet Tote Bag and a coupon for a free Sunsweet product up to a $5.50 value. To enter:
- Just stop by Sunsweet before midnight, Nov 29th and check out their product line.
- Then come back and mention which one is your favorite. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 3 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Sunsweet.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written as part of a program for Family Review Network and Sunsweet, who provided the item for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.