This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #340: Jamerican Spice!
Iâ€™m sure most of you have heard of the Sleep Number Bed but did you know they also have a Sleep Number Comforter? I didnâ€™t until recently. I thought this was such a wonderful idea since DH and I have very different body temperatures. I love a thick cozy blanket while he prefers something more light weight. Now thereâ€™s a solution for everyone thanks to Select Comfort.
Our blankets and comforters complement your SLEEP NUMBERÂ® bed with softness and just the right warmth. Choose from velvety-soft plush blankets, blankets that absorb excess body heat for a more balanced temperature or blankets with superior all-natural antimicrobial, antistatic and anti-odor benefits.
I had the opportunity to customize a comforter and found it to be easy and quick. I just had to decide on the size, comfort insert, and weight for each side of the blanket and I was all set. For me, I chose the Down Comfort for the entire blanket with a light weight on one side and a medium weight on the other. I also ordered a soft Damask stripe cover in 300-thread-count cotton.
The comforter arrived in three different pieces ready to be put together. You just spread out the cover on the floor or bed (I recommend the bed so that you donâ€™t have to keep bending over while assembling it) and unzipped the sides. Then you place each side of the comforter into the cover and secure them together with little ties throughout. I really liked this feature because Iâ€™ve had comforters that bunched up within the duvet. It drove me crazy! Zipper it up and I was set!
Their covers are only available in white but you could always use your own Duvet cover for an added splash of color.
The timing of receiving my Sleep Number Comforter was perfect. It was 62 degrees last night and I was freezing! This blanket was so comfortable, soft, and kept we warm without overheating. And for once, DH and I could both sleep through the night without having to fidget with the blanket. It was one of the most restful nights we ever had!
However, what I liked the best is the generous size. I’ve purchased Queen sized comforters before but I never thought they were big enough. I like my blankets to drape at least halfway down the side of the bed. Well, my Sleep Number Comforter does just that. I love the way it looks on my bed.
And don’t worry if you prefer to sleep alone, you could still take advantage of the Sleep Number Comforter by designing a blanket with two different weights to be used during different seasons of the year. No more packing and storing bulky blankets. How cool is that?
If you need help with customizing your comforter, Select Comfort even offers a handy chart to help you out.
Researchers say that a good nightâ€™s sleep is crucial to your overall health. And since everybodyâ€™s body temperatures are different, donâ€™t you owe it to yourself to check out Select Comfort? Iâ€™m so glad we did!
Sleep Expert Pete Bils (@SleepGeekPete), who is also Select Comfortâ€™s Vice President of Sleep Innovation and Clinical Research, provides some common sleep disturbances couples experience and ways to overcome them for a better night’s rest for you and your partner:
- Snoring – If your partner’s snoring keeps you up at night, try going to bed first and have your partner come to bed later. This will allow you to fall into deep sleep while your surroundings are quiet. You can reduce snoring by minimizing the amount of alcohol consumed before bed, and by using a pillow that promotes natural head and neck alignment to open the airway.
- Tossing and Turning – Is your partner a restless sleeper? An overly active sleeper certainly can cause angst for couples. While there are some sleep disorders that feature periodic movements (and are treatable), most of the time tossing and turning is the result of discomfort. Re-evaluation of the mattress or the addition of a mattress pad might help. Head, neck or shoulder discomfort may indicate the wrong pillow. Consider getting a larger bed; a good rule of thumb when mattress shopping is to buy the biggest bed your room can accommodate. A larger mattress provides more room and can greatly reduce disturbances between couples, as can a mattress that better isolates motion between sleepers.
- Temperature Preferences – While the ideal room temperature for sleep is in the mid sixties, individual preferences can lead to conflict and disturbed sleep. To make you both as comfortable as possible, purchase bedding that accommodates you both â€“ such as a comforter that allows you to personalize the level of warmth. One side is heavier to keep you warm and the other side lightweight to keep your partner cool. Or consider Sleep Numberâ€™s In Balance Bedding Collection, which uses a NASA-designed material that reduces the temperature swings and keeps you warm when itâ€™s cool, and cool when itâ€™s hot. Many couples have their own private blankets (this solves the blanket stealing syndrome, too!). Ceiling or portable fans can solve the problem as well.
- Bedroom Activities – Does your partner bring work to bed, or prefer to fall asleep to the sound of the television each night? Most sleep specialists strongly advise against these activities in bed, and suggest using the bedroom only for relaxing rituals and sleep. But if one insists while the other is trying to sleep, a compromise is in order. Keep the volumes down, set the sleep timer, and use a small clip-on light for computer use or reading. For the sleeper, maybe get a very comfortable eye mask and ear plugs.
- Mattress Firmness – Your bed is the most important piece of furniture in the bedroom and has the greatest impact on the quality of sleep you get each night. If you prefer a softer mattress and your partner requires a firm mattress, which is very common since 9 out of 10 couples donâ€™t agree on mattress firmness, consider a bed that allows each of you to choose your own firmness preference for your side of the bed.
Can you believe that Select Comfort has generously donated a Sleep Number Comforter for one lucky person? As a condition for the giveaway, the sponsor is requesting the names and emails of all participants so they may â€œadd them to our sales/deals/sleep tips email list. We would never sell their information, we just like to stay in contact with those individuals who are interested in our products.â€ If youâ€™re okay with this . . . read on.
To enter the giveaway:
- Just stop by Select Comfort before midnight, Feb 27th and check out their comforter inserts.
- Then come back and mention how you would customize your comforter.
- Then add your name & email address on this form.Â Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter (your name must have been entered on the form in order to win).
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway.
- Become a Facebook Fan of An Island Life.
- Become a Facebook Fan of Sleep Number.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Help me win the Wash Them Grow contest.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Select Comfort.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written Select Comfort who provided the item for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.