Sea of Tranquility Giveaway
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #37: Amber Gi!
With 3 kids, 2 blogs, 1 husband, and a full-time job, I’m a pretty busy person. Even when I’m sitting idle my mind is always planning out the things I still need to do. And with the holidays upon me, my life is even more hectic than normal.
Internationally renowned teacher and founder of The Simplicity of Stillness Method, Marlise Karlin, suggests the following five simple and achievable tips on how to release stress and bring balance back into our daily lives – and it only takes a few minutes a day:
1. Find a quiet space where you won’t be interrupted – at home, at the beach or even in a quiet corner of your favorite café. This might be challenging for some, but you need to find a place of solitude – so turn off the TV, put down the cell phone, stop looking at your watch.
2. Find a comfortable position, whether lying down or sitting, close your eyes and allow your mind and body to become still, and breathe deep.
3. Spend a few moments contemplating what may be challenging you, reflect on it for just a moment, and then let any negative thoughts or mind-chatter go.
4. Allow your body and mind to feel the flow of positive energy that starts at your core, grow within you.
5. Open your eyes, take a deep breath, and write down any thoughts or feelings you may have brought to the surface. Then, write down your daily intention. An example would be, “Today I will be free of negative mind-chatter.”
Make a commitment for taking the time to become still and contemplate – even if it’s just for 15 minutes a day, three times a week. The benefits you’ll see are immeasurable.
To help bring balance back into your life, I have a copy of Sea of Tranquility CD for one lucky person. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Jan 3rd what you do to bring balance into your life. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Marlise Karlin.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Marlise Karlin who provided the information and item for giveaway. I was not compensated in any way. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.