Reading is Fundamental Book Giveaway
This giveaway is now closed. A winner will be announced asap.
What does Pine-Sol have to do with education?
A recent study shows that 84% of children who have good grades have a clean, fresh smelling home. I can believe that. For me, having a clean smelling home not only puts my family in a better mood but it also makes me feel better about myself. In turn, I’m more open and patient with my girls when it comes to doing their homework.
I also feel that a clutter-free, clean smelling home puts my kids in the right frame of mind and makes them more receptive to sitting down and reading a good book. I mean, who doesn’t want to be in a clean room? Hopefully, when they’re old enough to have their own place, they’ll look back and have wonderful memories of growing up in a clean smelling home.
Here are more results from the study:
- Children who perform better at school almost always identify their homes with scents associated with clean â€“ 84% of students reporting GPAs of A or B had positive childhood home smells â€“ using descriptors like â€œlemony, minty or cleanâ€; with only 16% noting negative smells at home.
- Those who recalled their childhood home as being an environment with negative smells or aromas were two-times more likely to have a lower grade point average (GPA) than those that did not.
- The study demonstrated a positive connection between a well-cared home and the sort of stable family environment that promotes academic success, self-esteem, learning and harmony â€“ and enhances achievement later in life.
- 34% of students with a GPA grade of C or less, remembered negative childhood home aromas including urine, fecal and mold â€“ double the percentage of those with higher GPAs.
Pine-Sol has always helped parents achieve a clean smelling home and now they’re helping kids achieve even more by donating books to Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), the largest childrenâ€™s literacy nonprofit in the United States. For every two people who “like” the Pine-Sol Facebook page, they will donate one book to a child or family in need up to 5,000 books. In addition, Pine-Sol will donate $40,000 to RIF.
And with 2 brand new scents, Garden Fresh & Outdoor Fresh, you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for your family. These new scents also come in the first ever easy-to-pour flip-cap which allows you to control pouring. No more spilling or wasting!
So stop by Pine-Sol’s Facebook page today and make a difference in a child’s life.
Pine-Sol has generously donated a book bag filled with the following books: The Dot, My People, & The Lion and the Mouse. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, March 31st what your family’s favorite book is. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already â€œlikedâ€ An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a â€œfanâ€ of An Island Lifeâ€™s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to everyone world-wide! Good luck!
Owner of An Island Life and Family Review Network. Wife, mother, and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.