This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #100: Karen P!
Having two small children in the house it’s inevitable they will pick up the crud and get sick.Â I’ve tried various thermometers in the last few years, but the Mother’s Touch I received recently has been the quickest and simplest by far.
The Mother’s Touch works like a ring that you place around your finger and then press to your child’s forehead (near the temple).Â You don’t have to press hard, just maintain contact and the thermometer will beep in 6-8 seconds with the temperature.Â You can be sure that you got an accurate measurement because if your child moves or contact is disrupted the thermometer will give you an error message instead.
- beeps when ready to use and again when temperature is read
- can be changed to readout in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- with a large digital display it’s easy to read
- at turn on it displays the last read temp for comparison
- reads at room temperature only – will give an error message if the starting temp is too cold (60 degrees – we have trouble with this in our house, but holding it in your hand for a minute solves the problem)
The included small pamphlet is easy to read and follow.Â It gives a guide for normal healthy temperatures as well as explains the error messages.
And here’s something I learned.Â You should take your child’s temperature when they are healthy to get a good idea of what it is normally.Â Temperatures can range from 97 to 100 degrees and still be considered normal.Â So when my child has a fever of 100.1 that might not actually be much of a fever if his normal temperature is 99.Â Interesting!
How would you like to win a Mother’s Touch Thermometer for yourself? To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, July 1st why you would like to win this. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already â€œlikedâ€ An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a â€œfanâ€ of An Island Lifeâ€™s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Mother’s Touch.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Mother’s Touch who provided the information and item for giveaway. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Krista writes about her family and life adventures at Welcome to Married Life. Most days you can find stories of her daily life and funny things her sons have done. She also reviews books and posts loads of photos since she is an aspiring photographer.