March 4th is National Pound Cake Day! (Giveaway)
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentors #20: Jessie C, #95: Jen, #162: Cynthia R, & #60: Kayla!
Did you know that there is an official pound cake day?
I don’t know about you but when I think about pound cake I think about Sara Lee. It’s the only brand we trust for that buttery flavor and rich texture. It’s great topped with ice cream and perfect for making Strawberry Shortcake. However, one of my favorite ways to eat Sara Lee Pound Cake is dipping them in chocolate! It’s easy and fun!
If you head on over to the Sara Lee website, you’ll find lots of delicious recipes using their products . . . including pound cake. Here is their Grand Prize Winner . . . Taste-of-the-Islands Banana Foster Trifle.
This decadent trifle features pound cake layered with coconut cream pudding, bananas, pineapple, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara Lee® Frozen Pound Cake thawed
- 1 (8 ounces) can pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant coconut or banana cream pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flavored rum divided
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 3 bananas thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut toasted
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Drain pineapple; reserving juice.
- Place pudding mix, whipping cream, sour cream, sugar, reserved pineapple juice and 1 tablespoon of the coconut rum in a large bowl. Beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut rum and ice cream topping in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until warmed.
- Layer pound cake cubes in 4 Martini or dessert glasses. Drizzle caramel topping mixture over pound cake. Top with coconut cream mixture and bananas.
- Garnish with pineapple tidbits, toasted coconut and macadamia nuts.
Cook’s Tip: Substitute 1 teaspoon rum extract for coconut flavored rum. This recipe also works well in a Trifle Bowl.
- Just mention in comments before midnight, March 4th your favorite way to eat Sara Lee pound cake. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 48 hours to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Follow Sara Lee on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already “liked” An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a “fan” of An Island Life’s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Sara Lee who provided the item for giveaway. I was not compensated in any way. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.