This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #83: Amanda A!
My kids love those zany Penguins of Madagascar! In fact, when they’re watching the movie they’re always more interested in those adorable penguins than in the movie itself. So we were happy to learn that this Summer General Mills has teamed up with Nickelodeon to bring these characters right to your breakfast table.
Here’s how it works:
Inside specially marked boxes of General Mills cereals, youâ€œll “commence operations” with one of five characters from The Penguins of Madagascar; Skipper, Rico, Kowalski, Private or King Julien. Each participating cereal contains one character launcher with mission details outlined on the back of the box including:
- Dive In, Soldier – Set an empty plastic cereal bowl on the table and try to pop your launcher into it. Wear a helmet or youâ€œll be squid bait.
- Longest Propulsion Launcher – Challenge your troops to see who can launch their character the furthest. Go long or go back to the zoo.
- Target Practice – Create a landing zone with a spoon and try to strategically drop your character into the sweet spot. Hit the target or go back to the drawing board.
- Clear the Wall – Do you have enough projectile pop to push your launcher over the top of the box? Proceed launchinâ€œ troops, earn those wings!
Each character is unique and has their own specific role, and together, theyâ€œare a team with lots of character. With five character launchers to collect, make a splash this summer and try to successfully complete all of their missions.
As part of this review we received a box of Trix cereal which my kids love! It’s great at breakfast with milk or by itself as an afternoon snack. I usually just put some in a ziploc bag and throw it into their school backpacks. The kids love the taste and the bright colors. I love that it contains whole grains and calcium. Fun and healthy!
We were also sent the new DVD movie – The Penguins of Madagascar Operation. “Watch out â€“ the boys finally get their own DVD! Get more Penguins, more Madagascar and more fun with the world debut of The Penguins of Madagascar Operations. Their mission? To maintain order in the zoo. Their nemesis? Their obnoxious neighbor, King Julien. Join Skipper and the crew as they outwit anyone and everything crossing their path as they rule the zoo.”
I don’t what it is about these penguins but even I really enjoyed watching this DVD. It included 10 different episodes which is great for Kiana’s age group which tends to have short attention spans. Each time a new episode started, she was mesmorized all over again. Kacie loved the whole spy angle and kept laughing at their attempts to solve mysteries. I just liked that it kept them occupied long enough to get some work done around the house. In fact, once it was over they wanted to watch it again. We definitely have a winner here!
So spend more time around the breakfast table with General Mills, Nickelodeon, and The Penguins of Madagascar. Your kids will thank you for it!
I have a Penguins of Madagascar prize pack to give away to one lucky person! This prize pack includes: one box of Trix cereal, a Penguins of Madagascar launcher and the new Penguins of Madagascar movie, The Penguins of Madagascar Operation: DVD Premier. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Aug 20th why you love the Penguins of Madagascar. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Nickelodeon.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for MyBlogSpark, Nickelodeon, & General Mills who provided the information and item for review and giveaway in exchange for this post. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Owner of An Island Life and Family Review Network. Wife, mother, and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.