Have a Family Taco Night with Old El Paso
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #18: Kathy Stevenson!
Dinnertime around the table is a very important part of our day. It gives us a chance to stop whatever we’re doing and just sit and talk about our day. I feel it’s a great way to keep the lines of communication open with our kids since they know they’ll always have this daily opportunity to share whatever is on their minds.
One of our favorites mealtime dishes are tacos. For me, it’s quick & easy to prepare since it doesn’t involve a lot of cooking. For the kids, it’s a fun experience since they get to make their own tacos however they see fit. For Kiana, that involves lots and lots of cheese but no olives. For Kacie, almost the entire taco shell contains meat filling with just a little bit of lettuce on top. Personally, I need to have everything evenly proportioned. Maybe it’s the OCD in me.
To satisfy your Mexican style cravings, the Old El PasoŽ line up of products includes chilies, dinner kits, dips and sides, enchilada sauce, refried beans, seasoning mixes, shells, taco sauce and salsa. The Old El Paso taco seasoning mix selection includes flavors like Burrito, Cheesy Taco, Chili, Fajita, Taco, Mild Taco and even a seasoning with 40% less sodium.
For a little variety, try substituting ground beef for something healthier.
EASY FISH TACOS
- 1 package (10 to 12 oz) breaded or battered fish fillets (6 fillets)
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso® taco shells (12 shells)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (any variety)
- 6 cups coleslaw mix (from 16-oz bag)
- Old El Paso® taco sauce, if desired
- Bake fish fillets as directed on package. Cut each fillet into bite-size pieces.
- Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
- In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and seasoning mix; stir in coleslaw mix. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fill shells with fish pieces and coleslaw mixture; top with taco sauce.
And to keep your family laughing at the dinner table, have some fun with El TacodorTM, the world´s only Family Taco Night Game. With El Tacodor, your family can share a special night at home by challenging one another to quick fire trivia, wordplay and pantomime. Visit www.ElTacodor.com today to download instructions, a score card, and a challenge sheet for even more fun on Family Taco Night!
Visit Old El Paso for news and great tips, recipes and more. Take a minute to share family fiesta photos and videos from Family Taco Nights on the El Tacodor Family Spotlight!
Download your $.60 off coupon here.
Old El Paso has generously donated a “Family Taco Night” prize pack for one lucky winner! This includes a packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, a Cactus Chip & Dip Serving dish, a set of 3 Fiesta Chili Pepper serving dishes and a $10 gift card to purchase your taco fixings. To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Nov 13th how you plan to make your “Family Taco Night” special. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Old El Paso.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for MyBlogSpark & Old El Paso who provided the information & coupon as well as the item for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
|About the author:
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii. She is also the founder of the group review site - Family Review Network. Follow along on her adventure of a lifetime this Winter as a member of the Vaseline Dry Skin Patrol!