Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is about to open its doors and welcome students for another magical year. Owls have been busily sending out invitations to the new students, while the returning students are excitedly packing their suitcases and cleaning their broomsticks.
The all-new Harry Potter for Kinect video game exclusively on KINECT™ for Xbox 360® allows players to experience Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the wizarding world like never before! Through the innovative KINECT capability, each player can scan their face to create a wizard avatar in their likeness – and then play as their avatar in the game. Utilizing controller-free and voice recognition technology available only on KINECT, players will attend Hogwarts, interact with professors, students and friends, call out spells to cast against opponents, brew potions, and even fly as they race on broomsticks to be the first to catch the Golden Snitch in a Quidditch match. Harry Potter for Kinect allows players, for the first time, to attend Hogwarts as part of the wizarding world.
- For the first time, create a witch or wizard character in your likeness that will become part of the gameplay through KINECT’s scanning technology.
- Experience unforgettable moments from all eight films — from having your wand choose you at Ollivanders and being Sorted as a first-year student at Hogwarts, to battling You-Know-Who in a climactic wizard battle.
- Cast spells at your opponents by performing the proper casting maneuvers and calling out spell names utilizing KINECT’s controller-free and voice recognition capabilities.
- Hone your casting, brewing and duelling skills (among others) in class to unlock even more lessons and challenges.
- Challenge a friend in competitive mini-games, or join forces against a mutual opponent in co-op games.
- Jump, duck and dodge the wild branches of the Whomping Willow, swipe at annoying and sometimes dangerous pixies, repel terrifying Dementors, swim among Grindylows in the lake, and shove opponents out of the way as you soar above the Quidditch Pitch.
RELEASE DATE: Fall 2012
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
ESRB RATING: E-rated (rating pending)
PLATFORMS: KINECT™ for Xbox 360®
The post was written for Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment who provided the complimentary game for giveaway.
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.