Chocolate Cheerios Giveaway
This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #58: Mellissa C!
One of America’s favorite cereals has just added another flavor . . . chocolate!
My kids have always loved Cheerios. So when we found out about this brand new flavor we were very excited. I feel that Cheerios make the perfect breakfast on school mornings because it’s quick and healthy. We can also put some in a baggie and take it along for the ride. They’re also great for little kids when they start eating solids because it’s easy for tiny fingers to pick-up and they are easily digestible.
And of course it’s healthy for you, too. One serving contains only 100 calories, at least 8 grams of whole grain, and is a good source of calcium and vitamin D.
But how does it taste? I loved the subtle but not overpowering chocolate flavor and it’s not too sweet. It’s a great combination of whole grains and cocoa! But best of all . . . the kids love it, too!
Chocolate Cheerios® Marshmallow Hearts
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Cheerios® cereal, crushed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 4 cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
- Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with foil. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients except marshmallows with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, place all topping ingredients except cereal and sprinkles. Heat over medium-low heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 4 cups cereal. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove mixture from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. Store loosely covered.
Thanks to My Blog Spark and Cheerios, I have a box of Chocolate Cheerios, ceramic cereal bowl, & a chocolate scented spa kit for one lucky winner! To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, Feb 16th what you do to help start your day off with a smile. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Life’s feed.
- Follow Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway.
- Become a Facebook Fan.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Help me win the Wash Them Grow contest.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and Cheerios.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for My Blog Spark & General Mills who provided the information & item for review and giveaway. I was not compensated in any way except for the complimentary product. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy
|About the author:
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii.