This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentor #31: Hillary!
What little boys don’t like cars? Not mine! And we have some new cars books in our house, one each for the big boy and the little boy.
Recently Candlewick Press sent us some titles to review and I have to say I’m super impressed by Beep Beep.Â This is an incredibly well done board book with cutouts on every other page.
It tells the story of a family going to Grandma’s house and their car makes noises as it “vroom vroom’s” along the highway, through the town, and finally to see Grandma peeking out the window watching for them.
As you can plainly see my one year old adores it.Â He will bring me this book to look at when I ask him if he wants to read a book and his favorite page is the one with all the cars on a black background.Â The cars are all different colored so this is a great way for me to start talking about colors with him!
The book that my older son likes is Cars Galore.Â This is a larger size picture book and the pages have lots going on.
Each page has a rhyming verse that highlights the cars on that page, each fitting a certain theme.Â It becomes somewhat of an eye-spy book, looking for each of the cars that match the text.
Scary shark car.
Noah’s Ark car!
Just when you think they couldn’t possibly come up with any more crazy cars, they do!Â At 32 pages, this is a great book to hold a pre-schooler’s attention.
- Just mention in comments before midnight, June 15th what your child’s favorite picture book is. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow An Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (once daily).
- Already â€œlikedâ€ An Island Life on Facebook.
- Already a â€œfanâ€ of An Island Lifeâ€™s Facebook Fan page.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written for Candlewick Press who provided the books for review & giveaway. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Krista writes about her family and life adventures at Welcome to Married Life. Most days you can find stories of her daily life and funny things her sons have done. She also reviews books and posts loads of photos since she is an aspiring photographer.