This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to comment #87 Ginny!
Another great company has now teamed up with Boxtops for Education! Now, when you purchase Avery school supplies for the new academic year you will also receive Box Tops coupons to clip and return to your childâ€™s school to be redeemed for cash. Avery is the first and only school and office supply manufacturer in the program. And what child doesn’t need school supplies? This partnership is definitely a win-win situation for everyone!
An addition, Avery has also teamed up with organizational expert Jodie Watson, founder and president of Supreme Organization and the organizational expert from TLCâ€™s â€œReal Simple. Real Life.â€ She has many tips for parents and children to organize for back-to-school in order to reduce stress and be more successful and productive. Here are some of her suggestions for elementary school children:
Kindergarten – 2nd grade:
- Create a binder to house the best of your childâ€™s school work as they go through the school year. Use a template to create the front cover and spine of the binder with your childâ€™s name, school, year, etc. Use dividers to make sections for homework, artwork, certificates of recognition, awards, projects, etc. Keep papers inside sheet protectors so the work will stay in good condition. Take pictures of any larger artwork or projects they make and place the photo in the binder. Photos can be printed as large as 10â€™x8â€ for best viewing. At the end of the school year, you will have a completed binder with all their best work.
- Use permanent markers to write your childâ€™s name and a contact number on their backpack & lunchbox in case they get lost or left at school.
3rd grade – 5th grade:
- Place a dry erase calendar where you and your child can see and reach it. With a marker write down all the upcoming school dates for the year â€“ school breaks, events, field trips. As you go through the year, use the calendar to track project due dates and help your child to schedule in the days they will be working on long term homework assignments in order to complete them on time. Calendar can also include play-dates, parties, doctorâ€™s appointments, and sports or dance lessons. This is a great way to introduce your child to project management at an easy to understand level. If you have more than one child, use a different color marker for each one to easily differentiate between their schedules.
6th grade – 8th grade:
- Help your child create a fully personalized, unique binder with Avery Signature Binders to organize their work for the upcoming school year. They could use one binder to hold all of their class work or individual binders for each class they will be taking. Use dividers to create separate sections for each course or class, such as: history, math, science, and/or create separate sections within each class, such as: notes, assignments, handouts, etc. Label each divider with a permanent marker or print labels on your computer so you can clearly see which section is which. Insert a copy of your childâ€™s class schedule into a sheet protector and place at the front of the binder. For each class make a cover sheet with the class name, teacher, room number, location, days/times of classes. Place the class info cover sheets into sheet protectors and insert into the binder at the front of the section for that particular class.
- Encourage your child to use a highlighter to empathize important content while taking class notes or on handouts. This will help them to find relevant content later on when they are studying.
Thanks to Avery, I have a really cool giveaway! One lucky winner will receive an Avery Back-to-School Gift Pack which includes: Hi-Liters, labels, GlueStics, binders, dividers, sheet protectors, Marks-a-Lot permanent markers, and t-shirt transfers (value $50). To enter:
- Just stop by Avery before midnight, Aug 31st and view the qualifying products for this program.
- Then come back and mention in comments one back-to-school item your child will need. That’s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 3 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to my feed.
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Place my button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Avery.
This giveaway is open to US addresses. Good luck!
This post was written as a part of a program for Avery, who supplied the products for giveaway. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood and agree to my disclosure policy.
Owner of An Island Life. A mother to 3 beautiful girls and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.