This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to commentors #511: Carin, #48: Sara G, #663: Mike, #127: Jonathan PC, #293: Karla!
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a leader in the money transfer segment of global payments, announced today the launch of â€œReturn the Loveâ€- a national Motherâ€™s Day Campaign designed to encourage consumers to give mom the perfect gift. Also, Western Union and Grammy-award winning recording artist Wyclef Jean, and â€œQueen of Latin Popâ€ Paulina Rubio, â€œReturn the Loveâ€ with special performances and appearances at the Billboard Latin Music Conference & Awards and a concert honoring military moms.
â€œWestern Unionâ€™s â€˜Return the Loveâ€™ campaign reminds us that mom showered us with countless acts of love throughout our lives, and Motherâ€™s Day is the perfect time to return the sentiment by giving her a gift she really wants,â€ said Stewart A. Stockdale, President, The Americas and EVP, Global Key Accounts and Global Cards, Western Union. â€œCash is a practical gift-giving idea, itâ€™s a quick and easy alternative.â€
When researching Motherâ€™s Day gifting trends, a recent Western Union consumer survey1 found daughters and sons of all ages have good intentions when it comes to finding the perfect gift, but 42 percent find it hard to shop for the perfect gift for mom.
â€œSeventy three percent of consumers are planning to give a Motherâ€™s Day gift this year and Western Unionâ€™s â€˜Return the Loveâ€™ campaign is designed with both the gift giver, and the gift recipient, in mind,â€ continued Stockdale. â€œThe gift of cash is easy and convenient to give, and itâ€™s sure to be something that mom will never return or exchange.â€
â€œReturn the Loveâ€ is a multi-faceted, integrated consumer campaign designed to encourage consumers to send the gift of cash, this Motherâ€™s Day. â€œReturn the Loveâ€ campaign elements include:
- Kick-off special performance dedicated to Moms featuring Wyclef Jean and Paulina Rubio at the Billboard Latin Music Awards, on April 29, produced and broadcast live by Telemundo.
- Several Wyclef Jean and Paulina Rubio performances and consumer-facing events, including a special concert honoring military moms;
- Advertising via print, broadcast, radio, out-of-home, mobile and online channels showcasing the myriad of ways mom shows her love to her children, from giving them 12,368 kisses to changing 5,345 diapers and preparing 19,710 meals;
- In the social media space, Western Union dedicates a tab on its Facebook page encouraging fans to share how they are honoring and celebrating their moms;
- Additionally, Western Union has a FlickrÂ®page (flickr.com/groups/love2010) where consumers can share photos of their moms. Each week, Western Union will select photos from this gallery to display on the companyâ€™s home page, www.westernunion.com.
The Western Union consumer survey also found 42 percent of moms have pretended to like a Motherâ€™s Day gift; and separately, 30 percent thought the gift was either â€œthoughtfulâ€ but not a gift they wanted, or they did not receive a gift at all.
â€œWestern Union believes every mother should receive the perfect gift,â€ said Wyclef Jean. â€œI have relied on Western Union to move money worldwide for years, and thereâ€™s no company I trust more with my money.â€
Paulina Rubio added, â€œThe Latin culture places a special emphasis on Motherâ€™s Day and itâ€™s an honor to be a part of Western Unionâ€™s â€˜Return the Loveâ€™ campaign. If you are going to send mom the gift of cash, Western Union provides a great way.â€
Western Union provides a variety of fast, reliable ways for consumers to send and receive money around the world, with more than 364,000 Western UnionÂ® Agent locations. For more information, visit www.westernunion.com.
Western Union has generously donated (5) $50 VISA gift cards to some very lucky winners! To enter:
- Just mention in comments before midnight, May 13th what you would buy for your Mom or someone special if you won. Thatâ€™s it!
- A random winner will be selected and notified via email shortly thereafter.
- The winner will then have 2 days to claim their prize.
To earn extra entries, you may do one or all of the following. Each one counts as an extra ticket but you must leave a separate comment for each one.
- Subscribe to An Island Lifeâ€™s feed.
- Follow Island Life on Twitter.
- Tweet this giveaway (can be done daily)
- Become a Facebook Fan.
- Place our button in your sidebar.
- Mention this giveaway on your blog with a link back here and to Western Union.
This giveaway is open to everyone world-wide! Good luck!
This post was written for Western Union who provided the item for giveaway. I was not compensated in any way. By entering this giveaway, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to our disclosure policy.
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.