Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Now that I’ve got your attention, don’t forget to vote in Write From Karen’s Photo Contest. I’ve submitted an entry and would really appreciate it if you took a moment to vote for me. I don’t seem to be doing too well.
Anyway, back to the food.
I was out surfing the web when I came across a recipe site that claims to have a better alfredo sauce than Olive Garden.
Are you kidding me? C’mon. That’s a pretty bold claim to make. In any case, I thought I’d post the recipe for you here. I haven’t tried it yet but will soon. If you get a chance to make it before I do, please let me know how it went.
- 1/2 cup sweet butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 12oz. box angle hair pasta
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir often.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- When sauce has thickened add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY
- While the sauce cooks, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.
- Plate pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta.
|About the author:
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii. She is also the founder of the group review site - Family Review Network. Follow along on her adventure of a lifetime this Winter as a member of the Vaseline Dry Skin Patrol!