On my flight home the other day, someone missed the toilet and ended up peeing all over the lavatory floor. The lady who was next in line went in and immediately came back out.
“That restroom is a mess! Someone needs to clean it up!”
Unfortunately, she was looking at me. Now, if it was any of my other crew members, they probably would have “inop” the lavatory until everything somewhat dried up, then reopen it again later.
Me? Since everyone was now staring at me, I had no choice. I armed myself with rubber gloves, napkins, and trash bags then attacked the mess while the passengers stood there and watched.
I bet no one would have traded jobs with me at that very moment.
Note: Another reason why you should NEVER go barefoot on a plane!
Around the Blogosphere this week:
- The Carnival of Family Life is up at DownWithTheKids.net. Please stop by for a visit when you have a moment. Thanks Leisa for doing such a great hosting job this week!
- Today is your last chance to enter to win a Texas Instruments Graphing Calculator (value $120). Just leave a comment here to qualify.
- Kelly of Pass the Torch is hosting a School Year’s Resolutions Carnival. Submit your goals by September 6th.
- Darren Rowse of ProBlogger fame is opening up his blog to any question you may have about blogging. Here’s your chance to get some advice from a real expert!
- Christine of Are We There Yet is having a Refer-a-Comment Contest. Basically, you need to send people over there to comment and they must say that they were referred by you. The person who refers the most bloggers wins a $20 gift card from one of three places. You can also win by guessing how many total comments she’ll receive. So, if you head on over there, could you tell her Kailani sent you ~ pretty please?