What to Wear to School
Do your kids wear a required uniform to school?
On my last flight, a group of us started debating the pros and cons of school uniforms. I, personally, see nothing wrong with it and hope that it’s implemented in whatever school Girlie Girl ends up at.
Even though uniforms can be expensive and have no use outside of school, I think the benefits far outweigh the costs.
- It will save us time in the morning since we won’t have to decide what to wear.
- There will be less peer pressure to keep up with the latest fashions.
- It won’t single out students who can’t afford fancy name brand clothes.
- It would be easier to spot students who do not belong on campus.
- It would prevent gang members from wearing “colors” to school.
But what happens to those student who can’t afford to purchase their uniforms? I’m sure there’s some kind of law that says you can’t deny attendance in a public school. Or what if, God forbid, there was a natural disaster while the kids were in school. Wouldn’t uniforms make it more difficult to identify your child in the middle of all the chaos?
What do you think? Please take the poll then leave your thoughts in comments.
Technorati Tags: school uniforms
|About the author:
Kailani is the owner and founder of An Island Life. You'll find her sharing her daily life as a mother to 3 wonderful daughters, working as a flight attendant, and living a blessed life in Hawaii.