One of the most common comments I get from those who have recently purchased an iPad is regarding the overwhelming amount of apps available to the public. With thousands and thousands of apps out there, where do you start? Thanks to Goby.com, here is a great list to get you started:
- ClickySticky – Kids will have a blast with this fun new animated sticker book app. They can interact with fun characters while learning about fish, airplanes and many animals. Each sticker character can be scaled, rotated and dragged onto different imaginary scenes.
- Goby.com – This location-aware activity search engine uncovers activities and events in every location across the U.S. from thousands of sources across the web, and sorts them by location and type of activity. Whether youâ€™re looking for playgrounds, museum exhibits, plays, beaches or other kid-friendly activities, parents can easily search its database of more than 350 categories with more than two million things to do in just three taps.
- Magic Piano – Play timeless pieces on spiral and circular keyboards, or follow beams of light â€“ mastery requires only imagination. Play alone or travel through a warp hole and play Piano Roulette with other performers across the world. Magic Piano is fun for kids and adults alike.
- Tales2Go – Entertain your kids and spark their imaginations by listening to great stories from leading narrators and storytellers while taking a family road trip, during the journey to school or soccer or soccer practice, or simply during quiet time at home. Tales2Go is story time, anytime.
- Paperless – A great app for parents that helps them stay on top of the to-dos, Paperless lets parents make lists of anything and everything under the sun. Jot down grocery lists, write an outline of a story, prepare notes for a presentation, make a list of gift ideas, plan a vacationâ€¦the list goes on and on.
- BrainPOP – Learn something different each day with the BrainPOP Featured Movie app. It delivers educational, animated movies every day, with content relevant to significant historical and current events. After watching the Featured Movie, students can test their new knowledge with the accompanying interactive quiz.
- Food Additives â€“ A great way to stay on top of what your kids should and shouldnâ€™t be eating, this app offers information about over 450 food additives that could be potentially dangerous or unsafe to your health.
- Alphabet Fun â€“ This app makes learning the A-B-Cs a visual and interactive game. Alphabet Fun makes the most of Multi-Touch technology on iPad to teach kids letters, numbers, and colors. Theyâ€™ll swipe through colorful images and easy-to-read text, trace over letters with their fingers, and even write entire words.
- Kid Art â€“ Kids can create colorful pictures on the iPad screen using a variety of backgrounds, stickers, stamps and drawing tools. Once completed, they can save their masterpieces and eventually build out an entire gallery.
- Kids Eat For â€“ This app helps parents find local restaurants that offer specials on kids meals, whether they are traveling or looking for something new in their own neighborhood.
Information courtesy of Goby.com
Owner of An Island Life and Family Review Network. Wife, mother, and flight attendant . . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.