Banner by Almost Somewhat Positive
Welcome to the 40th edition of the Carnival of Family Life.
Please take a moment to check out the different topics we have this week. I’m sure everyone can find something they can relate to. If you’re new to the carnival, you can get more info on how to participate in the sidebar. New friends are always welcomed!
- Maureen of Trinity Prep School is going on a much deserved vacation in Winter Retreat from Life.
- Remember those endless nights when your child refused to sleep? Jordan of MamaBlogga is going through that right now. Read about it in Hayden and the new baby and show your support.
- Karen of Live the Power submits a very touching tribute to her children in My Joy.
- Do you know what a Xigua is? Well, Kate of Babylune is desperately looking for one. Read her hilarious story in Sister, Can You Spare a Ximenia Caffra Fruit?
- Mommy the Maid may never become Mommy the Baker but her daughter sure looks creative. Read her funny story in Scrapbooking Fun over at Ramblings from the not-so-typical Stay at Home Mom.
- Remember those “guess the number of beans” game you used to play at parties? Well, Michelle of Scribbit’s brother has solution to figuring it out. If only I understood what he was talking about. Maybe you will . . . read about it in No, It’s ALL About Winning.
- There’s nothing more peaceful than quietly looking out your kitchen window. Stephanie at the Adventures of the 100 Acre Woods shares the view From My Kitchen Window.
- Nickle at Raising4Boys.com has an accomplishment celebrate. Read about it in Transitioning from Crib to Bed and Bye, Bye Pacifier. Great job Mom!
- Here at An Island Life, Girlie Girl and I spent some quality time together this past weekend. Find out what we did in Cheetah-licious!
Things to Think About
- Elizabeth, the new administrator of Career and Kids, shares some surprising results from a survey asking kids “what would be their one wish if they could change how a father or motherâ€™s work affected each child”. Find out the #1 answer in Transitioning between work time and family time.
- Ed of Flada Blog shares a college composition he wrote about in hopes to convey that life isn’t necessarily over when you become a teen parent. Read the rest of the story in Teen Pregnancy: One Father’s Perspective.
- Working Moms vs. Stay-at-Home Moms. Karen of Thrifty Mommy wants to know what you think in The Debate Goes On.
- Do you feel like you’ve become your parents? Alan of Made to be Great shares his experiences in Raising Successful Children. See if you can relate.
- I know what Lara of The Open Door is going through. It’s been my personal struggle lately, too. Read about it in All Grown Up. Could someone hand me a tissue, please?
- Linda of Everyone Needs Therapy says, “People are different when it comes to sharing their day. When you’re in a relationship (and that can be a parent-child relationship) and both of you want to share about your day, or say that one of you does and one of you doesn’t AND maybe doesn’t want to listen, well, that has some consequences.” Read about it in At the end of the day-Work Intimacy.
- Life is short . . . eat cake (or at least the frosting). Stop by Holly’s Corner Blog and read her adorable post entitled Life Lessons – Sweet.
- When it comes to your kids, do you say “yes” enough? Be A Good Mom shares with us The Power of Yes.
- Have you experienced families where the child rules all? DigitalRichDaily saw just that during a recent shopping excursion. Read about it in Follow the Leader.
- What do you do when your kids want to help you with whatever you’re doing? Muse of Me-Ander says, Teach ‘Em Young!
Tips & Advice
- I love this one! Julie of Baby Development and Breastfeeding Resources shows us how to Save Money By Making Your Own Baby Wipes!
- Lisa of Let’s Talk Babies shares some great advice for those parents who are in the process of Finding the Right Preschool.
- Looking for ways to make extra money for blogging? Stop by Getting Out of Debt where SuperMom in NY is racking up those dollars in ClickBank, PayPal Payments and Weight Loss!
Just for Laughs
- Mad Kane’s Humor Blog shares a hilarious poem about her sun-loving husband. Read Healthy, Or Half-Baked?
- What do you do with those birthday cards your kids receive? Erica of LittleMummy has a very creative and artistic way to display them in Birthday Card Mosaic.
- Hsien’s son of Play Library is a very creative kid. Check out what he made out of cardboard pieces in Toy Creations: Cardboard Robots.
- Lori of Fun PlayDates has the perfect idea for that little princess in your life. Check out the great party and craft ideas in Kids Will Love This Princess Party Playdate. Send her a picture of your princess in their playdate tiara and she’ll post it on her site. Cool!
- Thirsty anyone? Chara at Zero to Gourmet has a recipe for a drink called Fuzzy Navel Deluxe. You can find it in Drinking in the ‘Burbs.
- Lily of MontrealMommy Blog shares some interesting information about Homeopathy in Does Homeopathy really work?
- Karen of Miscellanous Adventures of an Aussie Mum is conducting research for a paper she’s writing and she needs your help. Check it out in Attention Mother Bloggers! I need your help!
Well, that’s it for this week. Next week we’ll be having a new host, JHSiess of Colloquium. It’s his first time hosting so please show your support by sending in those family-related posts!
Also, don’t forget about our new Carnival Contest. Here’s how it works:
- For every post you submit, you get one point.
- For every comment you make on a carnival entry, you get one point. You can leave a comment even if you didn’t submit a post for that week. However, you must be a CFL member. Don’t forget to put that you’re visiting from the Carnival of Family Life to help me keep track.
- For every post that you link back to the carnival, you’ll get one point.
- If you host the carnival at your site, you’ll get 5 points. You can host once a month. First come, first served.
- I will tally up the points at the end of each week.
- The person with the most total points at the end of the month (last carnival edition of the month) will be named “Outstanding Carnival Member” of the Month and will receive a $15 gift card to Amazon.com and a cool button to place in your sidebar (once I get one made).
- Any questions? Please feel free to .
Until next week, take care and be safe!
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.