The Punahou Carnival

This weekend is the annual Punahou Carnival. I wasn’t planning on going since DH is out of town but since my parents offered to watch Kaila AND gave us money, we decided to go. We even took our nephew along with us. He’s the same age as Kacie and I knew they would have a blast riding together. (In other words, I wouldn’t have to ride with her). I’m still traumatized from the last time I thought I was going to die on the Music Express.

I knew the carnival was going to be crowded when we couldn’t find parking only an hour after it opened. We searched the streets high and low and I started to worry that I would have to parallel park my monster mini-van. However, we finally ended up paying $10 at a nearby high school.

With Kiana being younger it was hard to find rides that all the kids could go on together. We even tried the Fun House where you walk though various mazes and moving platforms. I mean, how hard could it be if Kiana and I held hands, right? But we both kept falling down and they ended up shutting down the whole ride so Kiana and I could get through it. How embarrasing. In hindsight, I probably should have taken off my heels before going in. Oh well, live and learn.

After a few hours I was so ready to go home. I was hot and tired and thirsty and broke.  However, I knew the kids were having a good time and that made it all worthwhile.

Comment Spotlight by Naomi @ Superdumb Supervillian:

I can smell the malasadas and portuguese bean soup…

Comments

12 Responses to “The Punahou Carnival”
    Thom says:

It is always so fun to go to and thank goodness this year the weather is good :)
    .-= Thom´s last blog ..Guess Whose Back? =-.

Naomi says:

I can smell the malasadas and portuguese bean soup…
    .-= Naomi´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday- Puppy Love =-.

angi says:

the memories she will have her time with mommy will pay off for all the problems of the day
    .-= angi´s last blog ..Small Talk 6: Pink =-.

oooh fun! I can’t wait for our carnival in July. DD loves the horse rides…nice and slow. ;)
    .-= Renee´s last blog ..Livin off frig finds… =-.

I can’t believe how quickly your little girls are growing up! Looks like you had a great time :)
    .-= Shannon (The Mommy-Files)´s last blog ..Our Life in Pictures – Day 23 =-.

Kayla says:

Oh how fun! From the pictures it looks like everyone was having a great time :)
    That kind of reminds me of the annual county fair we have around here but a lot nicer. LOL
    .-= Kayla´s last blog ..Small Talk Six(2/6)-Pretty in Pink =-.

Sues2u2 says:

Sounds like a great time! We always try to bring friends to stuff like that for the same reason, don’t want to ride the rides! *g*
    .-= Sues2u2´s last blog ..Another Bucket List =-.

Looks like a great time! I love seeing and reading your updates, those girls are sure growing fast!!

Hugs,
    Holly
    .-= Holly Schwendiman´s last blog ..Smell the Newness =-.

Jessica H says:

Ah, the joys of carnivals. I guess it’s a good thing we can see kids enjoying things they do or they probably wouldn’t get to do very much! I’m sure they had a blast and it will be a fun memory for them.
    .-= Jessica H´s last blog ..Love is… =-.

Erika says:

Ok, sorry not making fun, just have to laugh though. You wore heels to a carnival.. :) Is their a way to check out all the photo’s you have so far for the 365? Did you do the swap meet yet? ha ha but it was a great place to get a huge bag of cuddle fish for good price.

Looks like so much fun… the girls smiles are wonderful. I think I probably would have fallen down in the fun house also… And I don’t wear heals anymore! :-)
    .-= Lorie Shewbridge´s last blog ..Now’s the Time to Honor our Forgotten Vietnam Veterans =-.

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she keeps the idea of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it.
    Thus that’s why this paragraph is great. Thanks!