April 19, 2012 by
Filed under daily life

Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your Aloha Friday post link below. Also, please consider linking back to this post so that others can join in, too!

Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!

So my question is . . .

Most people have some kind of OCD tendency. What’s yours?

All my clothes have to be hung by category and facing the same direction.
I have to bite each french fry in half before eating them.
In the pantry, all the canned food labels must be facing out.

Comments

I don’t like things being crooked or out of place! :-)

Vicki says:

Oh where would I begin???? I’m so OCD I drive my family crazy!!

Little things like the way the TP is hanging in the bathroom. The way food is in the fridge, in the cupboards and pantry. Everything has to be even and labels facing forward. All even. Clothes in the closet are hung by style then color. That comes from NY!!! LOL
    I’ve been known to switch the way the TP is hagning in other people’s bathroom but I’ll lie and say I never said that!!

Hands must be washed.
    And Shoes . Oh gosh Please NO shoes in my home!

Just a few….

I have a few. For blogging, I draft my posts way in advance, especially for showcases. And with daily memes, same thing, but just plug inn what info is needed on that certain day depending on the meme. At home..I have to check twice to make sure I locked the windows and blew out the Yankee Candles (since I burn them from morning to night.

I’m guessing it would be washing my hands. Seems since I had my now 6-year-old daughter, I’m washing them more than ever!

Debbie M says:

Hand-washing. Even those pesky alcohol hand sanitizers – use them all the time.

I’m definitely OCD in a lot of areas – I also have to have the food labels on cans facing out, and they’re arranged by shelf by type and alphabetically. My spice cupboard is also organized alphabetically. Oh, and hanging clothes have to be hanging in the same direction. :)

Kari says:

All my hanging clothes have to be facing the same direction too and my husband NEVER does this, it drives me crazy. I also check and re-check my alarm clock every night to make sure it’s set at the correct time.

In my life, everything has a place and nothing is in it! And, I’m okay with it except for pictures can’t be crooked, and closet doors have to be closed.

WOW – what a great question!
    Cabinet doors have to be closed.
    Medicine cabinet…come to think of it, all doors have to be closed.
    I would like everything to be in it’s place but I live with 4 other people who could care less so I have to relax with that one. Otherwise I would go mad! lol

Gigi Ann says:

I carry hand wipes, and when shopping or eating out I always have to clean my hands, and the table.

washing hands!

And the way the toilet paper hangs, order of things in the house, certain “right” ways to do things.

I think being a teacher, list making has become my thing. I can go crazy making lists of lists that I need for an event ;)

angie says:

wow I am OCD big time I like things to have their own place and my notebooks is one of my worst don’t use it dont move it just leave it where I leave it or else

Harriet says:

Dealing with everyone else’s OCD’s around here.

Have a great Friday!

Hanging clothes in a specific manner – which poles for what type of clothes so that they maximize the usage of the poles. It gets me all annoyed when Hb hangs the clothes as he just randomly hangs the different clothings on the poll wasting space on it.

Nona says:

I can’t think of anything I’m OCD about. Of course I’m about the most messy, unorganized person I know…..

Daysie says:

My OCD tendancy is making sure my shoes are lined up just right.

how funny…
    my clothes HAVE to be facing a certain way… and i have to hear the car alarm honk to know its locked :)

Judith says:

I have to have my sandwiches made just a certain way. Only my sister can truly make them as well as me. It annoys my husband like crazy! I’m also very picky about my socks. They have to be just the right height, feel, and thickness. Weird huh?

Rxgs says:

1. [...] like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your Aloha Friday post link here on An Island [...]