How did you become involved in the blogging phenomenon?
Well, Chili of Don’t Try This At Home, got tagged to do a blogging meme. Instead of the usual same-o, she decided to turn it into a group carnival. It’s not too late for you to join in! Just answer the following questions and then leave your link here. Don’t forget to visit the other participants. Maybe you’ll make a new blogging friend!
Here’s my story:
- How did you start blogging? My husband had bought me a Treo 650 Smartphone for Christmas 2005. I was visiting a Treo forum where I met Duke. He told me that if I blogged about the TreoAlarm, they would give me a free download. Cool! But what the heck was blogging? I did some research and decided I’d start a blog on Blogger, write the review, then delete the blog after I got the download. It’s now 2007 and I’m still going strong!
- Did you intend to be a blog w/a following? If so, how did you go about it? Nope, I really didn’t think that anyone would ever find me. I don’t even remember how I started getting visitors.
- What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals? My goals were to establish credibity and a somewhat decent following. I feel that, yes, I’ve accomplished this. What I didn’t count on was making so many great friends along the way.
- Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How? No, it’s still the same as when I started - family life, hawaii, flight attendant stories.
- What do you know now that you wish you’d known when you started? Don’t waste your time with Blogger and make sure you come up with a great blog name.
- Do you make money with your blog? Yes, I do. I’ve tried different ways like Review Me, Pay Per Post, Google AdSense - the one that works best for me is BlogHer Ads. I’m always pleasantly surprised when I receive their checks in the mail. I’ve also recently been approved by Ask.com to place a search engine on my blog. See it over there on the right? Check it out!
- Does your immediate or extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why? The only people that know about my blog is my sister and my husband. However, as far as I know, they don’t read it. I guess they want to respect my privacy.
- What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger? One, be yourself. This will make blogging a lot easier and more fun. Two, if you have any questions - ask someone. You’ll be surprised at how willing other bloggers are to help out. We all had to start somewhere. I remember when I was writing my very first post, I had to ask Duke how to insert a link. He didn’t even laugh at me!
So there it is, the story of my humble beginnings. What’s your story?