Thank you to everyone who informed me about my site being down. I’ve also been trying to access it for the past couple of days with no luck. Of course, the minute I contact BlueHost to find out what’s going on, it starts working perfectly. Isn’t that always the case? *sigh*
Anyway, I’ve been receiving a lot of emails recently from bloggers interested in conducting product reviews on their sites. Here are some links to help you break into the wonderful world of free stuff.
- Mom Central conducts two-week blog tours where participating bloggers post their reviews on a particular product. In return, you get to keep the product and if it’s value is less than $50, you also get $20 usually to Amazon.com, Target, or Best Buy. They’re most recent campaigns are for Preserve Toothbrushes & Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber.
- I also recently joined MomSelect, a program operated by BSM Media which helps companies speak to Moms about products and brands that relate to their lives. It allows you to participate in marketing programs through product samples and review opportunities. If you’re interested in this sort of thing, hop on over and check it out!
- Even if you’re not interested in doing product reviews, MomSelect is currently hosting a giveaway where 5 lucky people could win $100 to Land’s End. Just fill out the 18-question survey and you could win this amazing prize perfect for back-to-school shopping! You have until June 25th to participate.
- Props and Pans prides itself in “keeping it real”. They want your honest feedback – good and bad – on all the items you review. This is a unique site in that you can submit your own reviews on items you currently use at home as well as reviews on items sent to you from their sponsors. The review opportunities available to you depend on how active you are with the site.
- Team Mom, a division of Child’s Play Communications, specializes in products and services designed for kids and Moms. Their membership is open to “a select group of leading mom bloggers who have been recognized for voicing their opinions thoughtfully and honestly. Members become ‘the first on the (virtual) block’ to have access to the hottest new toys and other great childrenâ€™s products.” I’ve only recently joined and am already working on my first review of the TripFLIX DVD.
- My experience with The Parent Bloggers Network have been nothing but amazing. They email you with review opportunities and allow you to decide which ones you’d be interested in. If you’re selected, you’ll be sent the item (plus Amazon.com gift certificates some times), given ample time to review it, and sent a date in which to publish your post. The great thing is that they work around your BlogHer Ad campaign . They will let you post your reviews on a separate review blog as long as you link back to it from your main blog. Some of the reviews I’ve done for them are for the HP Photosmart Printer and Photo Books, Discovery Channel Store Toys, School Zone Educational Products, Highlights High Five Magazine, as well as various books, CDs, and DVDs.
This is not a product review site but thought you may be interested anyway.
- There’s a new tool bar out aimed specifically at Moms – The Mommybar. It’s really easy to download and provides you with quick access to your favorite blogs, shopping websites, valuable coupons, your Flickr account, and many other online resources just for Moms!
Owner of An Island Life. A flight attendant and mother to 3 beautiful girls. . . living a blessed life in Hawaii.