April 30, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Comments

I studies ballet for 9 years and wanted to be a professional ballerina. Wish I was still that fit!

Jen says:

A photographer. I still enjoy taking photos. =)

Happy Aloha Fiday!

[...] and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for [...]

What didn’t I want to be? It changed so frequently, there was rarely one consistent thing, although I think if I could be paid to read books, that would have always sounded good to me.

Bethany says:

I wanted to be a teacher and a mom. So far, I’ve made it to the teacher part…

Michelle says:

I really wanted to be a dancer! lol

tara says:

I wanted to be a nurse, not that is the last thing I want to be!

Brandi says:

I wanted to be a teacher, or a photographer. I ended up being a teacher…and now I am just a SAHM but I love to take pictures still!

IE Mommy says:

A lawyer…everyone said I talked a lot, lol

AmyG says:

I always wanted to be a teacher. I worked in daycare for 6 years, so I got a little “teaching” in. And now, even though I’m not in an “real” school, I am homeschooling my girls, so I guess you could say I grew up to be what I dreamed of? ;)

[...] by An Island Life and join the Aloha Friday [...]

angie says:

when I was younger like real young a mommy then a lawyer and now I find myself a mommy fighting battles every day LOL

I wanted to study marine biology. Now, as an adult, there are soooo many things that scare me about the ocean.

Mandee says:

I wanted to be a teacher!

I didn’t know!

I didn’t want to be a mom. When I was in college I didn’t want to be a teacher.

and look at me now…Mother & Teacher! Funny thing was all the folks along the way telling me that I would be great at both.

I always wanted to be an art teacher…in a classroom or a museum!

Shannon says:

I wanted to be a doctor!

Melinda says:

I always wanted to be a hair stylist. Sometimes I still think about doing it.

Jinxy says:

I was all over the place as a kid. I wanted to be a nurse, a preschool teacher and a elementary teacher.
    The one thing I knew for sure was I wanted to be a Mom.

I wanted to be a teacher but now I don’t think that is what I want to do. I just completed my degree and still have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up

Nancy says:

A veterinarian.

Heather says:

I wanted to be a writer and a mom. Did one of those (mom!), the other switched to a historian.

Ric says:

I am living my dream- Growing up watching Emergency 51. Firefighter-Paramedic…best job in the world

Spice says:

I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer.

Valerie says:

Easy! I wanted to be a Lawyer. I am furious when it comes to something I believe in. Or when I have been wrongly accused of doing or saying something or lied to or lied about. Just a couple of my pet peeves.

Valerie says:

Okay I meant ferocious not furious. lol

A gymnast. Every report I had to do for school was on Nadia Comaneci!

Kimert says:

I always wanted to be a teacher.

Jen says:

One night my mom, brother and I were talking about what I wanted to be when I grew up and at the point I was as undecided as I am now. I apparently said I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader and a police woman so my brother said that I wanted to be a “pistol packing pom pom policewoman.” I will never forget that. I wanted to be a school teacher, too.

MommyAmy says:

I wanted to be a mammologist (someone who studies mammals). A close second was a zoologist. I did volunteer at a local zoo for 4 years while I was in high school. I quickly realized that I pretty much suck at math and science and although I LOVE animals such a career would require a lot more study of things I didn’t like.

Voronda says:

I wanted to be a lawyer.

Storm says:

I wanted to be a mom of 6. Not sure why 6. I am a mom of two. I also wanted to be a teacher. I was fortunate enough to be a teacher before I got into the field of therapy.

Krista says:

I totally wanted to be an astronaut… until the Shuttle Columbia blew up when I was 6 with a teacher on board named Christa…

I wanted to be a teacher and a mommy. I achieved the latter………..i have 6 kids!! lol! i decided against the teacher as i grew up……

Audrey says:

I always wanted to be a business owner. I’m not sure I had a specific business in mind but I knew I wanted my own business.

Christy says:

I wanted to be an archaeologist and then finally ended up going to college for accounting/marketing. Quite a difference huh! I actually ended up being a stay-at-homeschooling mother and a soapmaker!

Heatherlyn says:

I totally wanted to be a marine biologist! HAHA, I ended up getting a J.D.

Kila says:

I thought I would be a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids. I have the 3 kids, but am working full-time, which I never thought I’d do!

I still don’t know.

Joyful Noise says:

I have always wanted to be a Mommy and now I have three beautiful children. I think I might have scarred my brother though – I made him be the Daddy…

I always wanted to be a Stewardess on a airplane. I heard the flight perks were fabulous. I wanted to travel alot and that way I could do it for Cheap!

Sher :) says:

A teacher….I still have the desire. :)

Shelly says:

I always wanted to be a teacher when I was a kid. I became one for ten years. :)

Pecocet. says:

Pecocet 10-325….

Pecocet. Pecocet with morphine added….