March 12, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday

What do you think about Chris Brown removing his name from the ballot of the Kids Choice Awards?

Comments

I think, for the time being, he made the right choice. There’s not much more I’m willing to say about the situation right now.

Andrea says:

I’m glad he removed it. He’s not exactly a good role model for the “kids” from “Kids choice awards”

NerdMom says:

I agree with Elle that Nick should have removed him first. Since they didn’t… I think that he made the right choice. He is making a strong statement that what he did was wrong and until he gets some counseling he isn’t any kind of role model.

Mandee says:

I completely agree with his decision, it was definitely the right thing for him to regarding the circumstances!

Breas Mommy says:

I don’t think it should have been an option. I am definitely glad he removed himself. He is definitely no role model for children!

Sheress says:

It was the only right thing to do. It kills me to think he’s getting off easy. I am frustrated that she went back with, I was hoping she was going to be a strong wrong model. My daughters don’t even want to listen to him.

I must be living under a rock this week – didn’t even know about it!

Jennifer says:

I am glad he removed his name!

Toni says:

I think it was the best thing.

Shannon says:

I think and hope he feels guilty for what he did and doesn’t want to be in the “spotlight” for kids, especially with everything in the media right now.

I think it should have been done sooner……

But to answer : It was definately the right thing to do.

Lissa says:

I am not totally up to date on this story. But domestic violence is never acceptable. I certainly do not want my children thinking that it is-so I am glad that he removed himself.

Well, he did it himself so it does not mean much of anything. I am actually tired of hearing about the story.

Nina says:

Yes it is good he removed himself. To many kids look up to the famous and idol them and that is not one I would want my child looking up to.

heatherlyn says:

Um, it’s all political right? Who knows how he really feels about all this. I don’t think kids should look up to anyone in holywood, personally.

Shelley K says:

I think he has a good P.R. person.

Louise says:

He should be in jail

Jessica NBP says:

Good to hear he withdrew! I agree with Louise, he should be in jail.

ciara says:

i think he did the right thing…hitting on a woman is not kid role model material. this prob won’t b the last time we hear about him hitting someone. i was once in a teenage abusive relationship…i know :-/

Tena says:

the first right thing he has done…. he shouldn’t want to be a role model for children, he should want to get the help he needs and deserves!

[...] is my ALOHA FRIDAY post.  If you are not familiar with the Aloha Friday Carnival, just visit  An Island Life Blog and Kalani explained it there for you.  There you will also find other participants’ [...]

Sharinskishe says:

I just read the story. Yes, he has done the right thing. Yes, he was wrong to use violence. But if he has been a role model as stated, (I have not followed his career), then he can still make a difference in children’s lives.

If he can man up that he needs help, and get the help, then he can show others that one can get help and change.

People can change, but often it is too difficult for them to put in the consistent effort it takes to overcome difficult challenges like this one.

But he can overcome it! If he was to overcome it and be an example to our children as one who took responsibility for his actions and corrected them, then this could still work out for the greater good.

I pray that this couple will make the best decisions for their own lives and get the help they need and come out on top. I pray that we all may learn from them and that they will have the courage to correct this wrong and be an example to all of us that we can make a mistake, learn from it and never do it again.

Sharinskishe

Michele says:

Aloha Fridays? How have I been missing out on all the fun?!! Glad I found ya!

Brandy says:

That is a hard one for me because I am a Chris Brown fan. I love his music. I hate what he done, but I think that keeping his personal life separate from the business might have been best… however I don’t think that would have been possible and he most likely would not have won.

wendy says:

Why they didn’t take him off to start with is beyond me. As soon as it had been released that he abused Rhianna, they should have issued a statement. I’m glad they finally got a clue and removed his name.

Kathy says:

I agree. He is not a good role model.

I think the whole situation is sad. I think he made the right decision, and I hope he gets help. I do not agree with anything that he did, and I certainly don’t think it was a good decision for Rihanna to go back to him…but I also think it’s extremely easy for all of us to judge. I wonder how we would feel if our worst decision was broadcast on the news for the whole world to see and judge if we would feel differently about judging him. Just a thought

Karen L says:

I hadn’t heard about this but I think it was a good decision. Too much controversy and it sends a poor message to keep him on.

Kate says:

I think he most definitely was right to do that. Although I don;t think it was an optional program. His behavior makes me sick and I think he’s had his 15 minutes of fame and should be off to jail now.

I don’t think he had any other option. His good PR person told him to do it, I’m sure.

Right decision. Otherwise, parents will have him removed anyway.

Eryn says:

I’ve been purposely not blogging about this because I’ll probably come loose and scare away all of my readers, so I didnt do the event.

The whole thing makes me so sad and sick. When I saw she was going back to him, I couldn’t even stand to look up if it was true or not.

I’m glad he did it, even if it was one of those “We’re going to do it if you don’t” situations.

I hope that they BOTH get help. And I hope that the media that have said “She must have done something to make him do that” get help. Arg, blood pressure rising! lol

jennifer says:

He did the right thing by withdrawing his name.

he’s a coward. He knew he’d get skunked and he didn’t want to face that. (At least that kind of a slap down wouldn’t have left marks on his face.)

jodi @ bpr says:

Definitely doesn’t seem like much of a role model – such a shame when folks w/ fame squander the opportunities that they have!

Overland Si says:

He should be locked up and she should be miles away from him for doing that!

Somebody necessarily assist to mke critically articles I would
    state. That is the first time I frequented your website page
    and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular publish incredible.
    Fantastic job!

I blog frequently and I seriously appreciate your information. Your article has really peaked my interest.
    I’m going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

Here is my blog: wondergwen.tumblr.com