March 5, 2009 by
Filed under aloha friday

What’s your favorite zoo animal?

Comments

Lisa C says:

ooooooooo That’s a toughy… Probably get most excited over the kangaroo.. but if we’re talking traditional… lol.. Probably the Bears… oh wait the monkeys, no wait the snakes… oh heck… i can;t decide..

[...] and look forward to the weekend, in Hawaii and blog land anyway. As you should know by now, over at An Island Life, Kailani decided that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting and ask a simple question for [...]

There’s no real zoo in Maine, but there a couple of “animal parks”. The parks usually house rescued exotic critters. You get personal tours and you get MUCH closer to the animals than one usually does at a zoo. last time we went we got to feed M&Ms to a black bear, we got to watch a hyena devour and annihilate a deer leg (scary!), we got roared at and charged by a a male lion (thank God for sturdy fencing!), we got slimed by drooling camels, and one of our kids got sprayed by a male tiger (Eeewwwww!)

My fave? The black bear. He was friendly and funny and sweet and entertaining.

Oh that’s a tough call – I’m torn between the wild cats and the monkeys (I don’t have a specific type of either, I love them all).

Toni says:

Gosh this is hard, I have to say I love the Giraffes

Alicia says:

Mine is the giraffe. I think it is because they are so tall.

We have a cool polar bear exhibit, so even though it’s not necessarily my fav animal, it is my favorite ZOO animal! Great question!

JenReg says:

I have always been partial to polar bears too…my hubby and I are huge polar bear fans… they’re so cute for being so big!

any of the baby animals. We get disappointed when our zoo’s nursery is empty, but of course that means the mammas are taking care of the babies themselves so that’s good! but we don’t get to see the babies close up.

I wish that our zoo was better made, most of the time when we go the animals are already asleep cuz they’re bored. sigh

Pandas and orangutans.

Kari says:

I like gorillas and lions. For years, I’ve had recurring dreams about lions – that one was on the loose somewhere near me and I was trying to get away before it found me. They scare the heck out of me, but, I think they are really beautiful.

Elle says:

Okay, it’s not monkeys! I hate monkeys! I know, kind of surprising with a site called Blue Monkey Butt. No, I love the elephants!

[...] over to An Island Life for links to more Aloha Friday [...]

Shannon says:

St. Louis has a great zoo and we love going, it is free too. The children’s zoo part has Missouri River Otters and they are my favorite!

I love the elephant and the giraffe. Sadly the giraffe at the local zoo died before my son could see it.

I just pasted mine.

sagemom says:

Polar bears…too bad we don’t have any here.

Baba says:

I love the elephants.

Jenn(ifer) says:

I like watching the crazy monkeys! You never know what they are going to do.

Monkey, Ape, Gorilla

Love them!

Shelley K says:

Oh, that is such a hard one because I am a HUGE animal lover–I love the monkeys!! But then I really, REALLY love the big cats (tigers and lions!!) They are JUST so gorgeous!!) And–then of course, the penquins make me laugh! So, I guess you can just say I love them ALL!!

Shannon says:

My favorite animal is the Jaguar – such a pretty animal, but I’m glad it’s behind a glass barrier.

Amanda says:

I like to watch the monkeys.

Zeemaid says:

Giraffes are my favourite. I never thought much of them until I saw them at one of those wildlife places in Europe. I was absolutely mesmerized by how tall and beautiful they are.

Mandee says:

Giraffes and monkeys are my favorites, but I really like the elephants and penguins too!

jennifer says:

In the event you get trapped with an ostrich, I just learned this today:

I had no idea!!!

Mighty M says:

We kind of gravitate around to different people. My mom is probably the most “go to” person.

Hmm, I’m not sure i can narrow it down to ONE…but I like most large mammals. :)

The animals are so fun to watch, I think my favorite would be the meerkats. Cute!

Kathy says:

The elephant. Gowing up my mom always told me elephants were lucky

"M" says:

A panda bear is my favorite!

Margo M says:

Panda bears. I saw them this summer at the Atlanta zoo. So adorable! All these cute little kids were around saying, “look mommy, it’s Kung Fu Panda”. My kids are teens – I miss that stuff :)

Jen says:

i’ve always liked the monkeys because they usually are pretty active and entertaining.

I love the tigers and lions. They are just so majestic.

Jaime says:

At our local zoo they have an amazon exhibit, and I really like the pygmy marmosets–they are just so cute!

Karen L says:

My favorite zoo animal is the capybera! I love them because they look like giant guinea pigs!!! They always make me laugh.

Jamie says:

Otters! They’re always so playful and fun to watch!

I just love the monkeys and the girrafes. :) I can’t wait to get to the zoo again.

Storm says:

I forgot to leave a comment on Friday. I love the penguins!

Forgetfulone says:

Giraffes. Devinitely not snakes.

My fave zoo animal is the chimpanzee. They’re so smart.

You’ve been given a Love Pop!

To grab your display code, register your pop, and learn how to join in, visit http://www.thenotsoblog.com/2007/01/im-candy-store.html

Eryn says:

Baby koalas! Last time we were at the San Francisco Zoo, they had a baby koala. Oh it was so cute, and so tiny.

After that, the pandas at the DC Zoo! Awww.